At work on Friday, we had a celebration lunch scheduled after our four-hour marketing meeting. We arrived at Purple Wine Bar & Café on 4th Avenue (one of my all-time favorite places) at 1:30 and our Global VP of Marketing announced, “Cancel all your meetings – we’re not going back to work.” We then proceeded to order appetizers, lunch, dessert, wine, wine and more wine until the boyfriend finally picked me up at 5:30. Boy was I BUZ-ZED. Purple Café has “wine flights,” which is four glasses of wine pairings that are brought to you in a cool little wine rack with a card that explains each wine. I feel in love with Gunn Estate Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and drank about 14 glasses—a perfect start to the weekend.
After sobering up from my all-day lunch, the two of us met up with Adam and Kate to attend a Halloween party at The Baltic Room—all you can drink for the small fee of $25. I have never attended a Halloween party at a bar before, and the array of costumes was completely awesome. My favorite was a female Waldo—jean skirt, red and white striped tank, red scarf and beanie and thick black-rimmed, round glasses. I’m totally stealing it. An hour or so into the festivities, the boyfriend looked at me and asked, “Do you feel weird around all these Asians?” (There were a lot of Asian people at the bar). “What the hec are you talking about? Why would I feel weird around Asian people?” “Because you’re dressed as a Geisha?” Hmmm. Never thought of it that way. Is being a Geisha totally un-P.C.?! I had no idea.
Saturday, we went to Discovery Park with a picnic lunch, and afterward grabbed ice cream at Cold Stone. (Is there anything better than their Sinless Sweet Cream!?) The boyfriend went his direction (boy’s night out), and I decided to have my own sexy and exciting Saturday night—I stayed in, rearranging my closet. I bought these fantastic closet saving hangers, since my closet is the size of Anne Frank’s hideaway with enough clothing to dress the entire Third Reich. Looks like I’ll need about 80 more of the hangers to complete the transformation, but at least it’s a start.
I wrapped up my weekend with some girl time at Amanda’s and Vanessa’s where we discussed next weekend’s Halloween plans, watched Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives (my favorite TV night!), and ate popcorn and Vanessa’s homemade chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. MMMMM.
All in all, a successful weekend!
Currently Feeling: Violated and annoyed. People should mind their own business.
Currently Anticipating: Haunted tours and houses! New scary movies! Halloween parties! Pumpkin carving! This week is my favorite week of the ENTIRE year!
Currently Loving: My new Volcom fuzzy, insulated turquoise gloves!









5 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend.
Amanda and I were at Purple last Thursday. It was amazing. Pricey, but amazing. Our wine of choice was a local merlot from Mannina Cellars. I've since been emailing with the winemaker.
Purple is amazing. I'm absolutely in love with their baked brie appetizer with caramelized onions. I could eat four plates of it to myself. Then gain 14 pounds. Mmmm.
It's a pretty spectacular date place too... so is Black Bottle in Belltown. Have you been? It's less expensive than Purple because they have "small plates" for like $8 or $9 each. Check it out.
Totally feel you on the printed scarfs! I purchased two while in New York a few weeks back! They make a plain black shirt turn into an awesome outfit!
We should go on a scarf date! You, me, and our new printed scarfs!
I know! My sister wore the cutest outfit yesterday--a long lavender shirt, a black jacket cardigan with a lavendar/orange/pink scarf, skinny jeans and tall black boots! It was SO cute!
I want buy scarves in every color! We SHOULD go on a scarf date! Or a scarf-purchasing date! They had some cool ones for pretty cheap at Ross this weekend, and Nordstrom's has a ton of inexpensive ones in BP too!
Deal! A scarf date it is. :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.