I believe I owe a few of you an update on Miami…
I was in Miami last week from Wednesday through Saturday night, which I’ve been catching-up from ever since. (Lame way to excuse myself for not blogging). Going to Miami was the first time I’d been on an all-expenses paid work trip. I think it’s something I could get used to. And, I might feel less restless in Seattle if I had a way to get out of town that didn’t rely on my general bad money management. (But that’s a whole ‘nother can of worms, my friends).
The hotel I stayed at was tip-top. It’s really odd, however, to stay in a hotel room by yourself. I kept thinking about all the friends who could be sipping cocktails with me on the patio, or you know, other people who might enjoy the king-sized bed. But, once the oddness wore off, I quite liked padding around my hotel room in the luxurious robe, spreading my makeup ALL OVER the counter and my clothes ALL OVER the floor, watching TLC, naked in the feather bed (it’s HOT in Miami), or ordering room service to eat naked in the feather bed while watching TLC and thinking about how glorious it is to not have to clean up my makeup or clothes. It was like a mini 20-Something break from the entire roar that is my constant day-to-day life. (Not that I'm complaining).
Even better—while I was in Miami for work, I barely had to actually do any work. Other than a few trips to pick-up last minute details (tequila shooters for the prize wheel), a few marketing dinners, and the three-hour tradeshow on Friday, I generally found myself with a bunch of free time to a) lie by the pool or b) watch cable in my feather bed, which are really the only two ways I spent my free time.
I have to embarrassingly admit that I skipped out on any and all sightseeing or bar hopping while there. I don’t know—it just didn’t seem right. Like I had my 20-Something Work Hat on, and I didn’t really feel like doing some of the shenanigans I get myself into in front of people I have professional relationships with. But, they all seemed fine with going out with each other and tried to drag me out every night. Even if I did have my 20-Something Party Hat on, I don't think I could have pushed through the lethargy that enveloped me after the three-course+ dinners we had each night.
On that note, however, I would LOVE to go back with friends. I was very impressed with Miami. We stayed in South Beach, which was warm, beautiful and clean with shops, fancy restaurants and swanky bars within walking distance. It was like Mexico but without all the things I don’t love about Mexico. I would definitely like to go back some day.
Oh, and did I mention we won "Best Booth"? Icing on the cake.
Currently Feeling: A tiny bit sad.
Currently Anticipating: Oktoberfest in Leavenworth this weekend.
Currently Dreading: Taking the bus home tonight. Wish I could fly.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.