Friday, October 3, 2008

Moving on out, Moving on out

When I get back from Leavenworth this Sunday, one roommate will be gone and another will be moved in.

I’m quite looking forward to having things back to normal again, and I’m sure Stella is too. They say cats can sense things, and I think she’s been a little nervous these last three weeks. At first we removed the carpet, then we were without futon, then couch, and then boxes started appearing in all corners, a new couch came in, her food and water dish switched, Sarah’s room was packed up and gone… She’s been sort of wandering around, crying, and her eyes are watering (which happens every time she goes to the vet or in the car, so I think it’s a sign of stress).

I can commiserate with the poor thing; it’s a bit weird to see your life and surroundings sort of packed up around you, but still living in the midst of all of it. I’ve created one “normal” spot in the living room, which still looks like some sort of livable space with a couch, coffee table and TV. I’ve been frantically trying to fill the holes of ownership – I realized how little I actually have when it’s all that’s filling a two bedroom place. So, much of my time lately has been scowering Web sites or stores for good deals on wall art, plants, furniture, etc. Losing a roommate has proven to be a little expensive.

My new roommate’s name is Becca, She’s a Bellingham native, so, we’ll have living there in common. She’s 25 and a recent graduate of nursing school. She’ll be starting at Harborview on Monday. When interviewing the girls who emailed me, she immediately stood out to me as someone extremely warm and good-natured. I’m quite lucky that it was a mutual decision to be roommates, and I’m looking forward to having someone around again to talk to and split mutual household duties.

I will miss Sarah, dearly, but all good things must come to an end sometime. And I think it will be a positive change for us both…

Currently Feeling: Annoyed.
Currently Anticipating: A car ride with my bestie.
Currently Reading: Chelsea Talks Smack – a blog Cari recommended

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.