Monday, October 13, 2008

Jenga, The Worm, Live Music and Drugs

One of my best guy friends from college was in town Saturday night, and we made plans to go out in Fremont with a group of friends. Four of us started at my apartment, playing Drinking Jenga, which, per usual, got a little out of hand. Soon, Adam was doing The Worm across the floor of my apartment, Amanda was balancing beer cans on her head and walking around the room sans bra, Justin was teaching us new words for private parts when the Category block was pulled (One-Eyed Chowder Shooter. So hilarious, yet so disgusting), and I was trying not to make eye contact with my new roommate, who was witnessing all of this. (Nothing like breaking her right into my silliness).

We finally hailed cabs to Fremont, deciding to partake in one of my favorite games (next to Drinking Jenga)—the “One Drink Per Bar” crawl. You grab one drink at each bar and then move to the next, repeating until you’ve visited most bars within a city neighborhood and are so drunk that oftentimes a sidewalk seems like a pillow-top mattress. (I swear I’m not speaking from experience).

We finally ended our game at Tost, listening to a kick-ass band called Acorn Project—a “funk-infused progressive rock” band from Bellingham. The combination of many, many beers and rockin’ live music left me feeling silly, and soon I was dancing on the back patio. Witness to my giggling, singing, and jiving, Justin gave me this look:


And asked, “What are you, on Meth or something?”

Meth? METH?! Sheesh. What happened to the question, “Whad’ya high?” Like green leafy high. Like stuff that comes out of nature, made by Mother Earth? Have times really changed that much?


And for the record: No, no I wasn’t.

Currently Feeling: Glad to feel put back together.
Currently Anticipating: Possible happy hour and live music date tonight.
Currently Loving: Van Morrison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.