Monday, February 11, 2008

A Slow But Steady Decline

Today I’m wearing light-colored work pants, and while primping and admiring myself in the bathroom mirror, I noticed that the small dimple that has formed in my left butt cheek is visible through my pants. SICK. Is there anything grosser than those old ladies whose legs and butt are noticeably lumpy? I’ve walked around all day, tugging at my camisole in the hopes of covering my imperfection. My days of wearing white pants might be coming to an end if I don’t do something about trying to get rid of this little dent! Running?! Increased exercise? Magical, miracle cellulite cream?! Butt lifts at the gym?! I’ve heard that cellulite is hereditary, and I’m lucky to have escaped most perils of the cellulite world. I’m thankfully, for the most part, curvy but muscular. But, since I was not graced with big beautiful breastesses, I MUST PRESERVE MY BUTT. It’s the only man magnet I got!

This little dimple on my left cheek has formed some time between college and now. It could have something to do with sitting on my butt for eight or more hours, Monday through Friday. I’d be sour too if someone squished me into a pancake, numbing all sense of feeling, for that long each day. I think my butt has boycotted this office job by puckering.

This whole dimple thing really stresses me out. Mostly because it’s all downhill from here…

Don't you love the visual I created for you?! I just happened to have this photo lying around that someone took last summer. God bless Photoshop! LOL.
UPDATE: I'm feeling very vocal about my work day today...When you have nothing in your lunch bag besides squash soup, a small dollop of cottage cheese, a small dollop of tuna fish and a small dollop of Rosemary Chicken Salad from Trader Joe's, you really wish it was 5th grade again and you were sitting next to someone who might want to trade lunches with you.

Currently Feeling: Disappointed that both passes were closed this weekend, and we missed out on our Leavenworth cabin trip for Larisa’s birthday. I was really feeling the need to get away for a weekend.
Currently Anticipating: Starting this new walking aerobics class at work.
Currently Wanting: The new Vampire Weekend CD.

6 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

Phew. For a second I didn't know what was creepier - the fact that you had apparently taken a photo of your butt with your camera phone, or the fact that you thought it was appropriate to wear those very short shorts to work.

Instead of working to get rid of the dimple maybe you could just eat more and gain a matching one on the other side? At least then it would be symmetrical... ;-)

So@24 said...

Is it just me.... or am I the only one who can't see what you're talking about?

And your butt isn't your only money maker. You're cute as a button and you have a fine bust.

Whatareyaworriedabout?

Jeanna said...

LOL! I think you were there when Kristen took this picture, no? It was during Drinks on the Links and my usual six tall boy cans, so who knows what was happening. I think it was a photo of an accident I had in the bushes, but one can't be sure. What happens at Drinks on the Links, stays on the Links!

Jeanna said...

Oh. I guess I should have said this picture is hypothetical. It was taken in the summer, and I think I was bending over, therefore stretching out my new little friend. So, this photo is to show the location, not the actual dimple. Ha! I didn't even think about that...

But SO@24, thanks for the compliment anyway. Every girl loves to be described as "cute as a button"!

;)

Independently Dependent said...

I'm sorry, I've been laughing for the last 3 minutes straight. I think I just got a new row of abs, thanks to you! Too funny. I miss you. I can't wait for the Seattle summer and warm nights drinking on Queen Anne...

Jeanna said...

Ah sigh. "Seattle summer and warm nights drinking on Queen Anne" sounds absofuckinglutely dreamy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.