Perhaps I learned it at a young age, but when I start to feel a little bored, I think about all the things I can do or change so I DON'T feel bored. This last part of winter has been so mundane, so I started searching for anything and everything to keep me busy. Now, I've suddenly found myself with quite the list:
- Teaching myself Adobe GoLive via two tutorial books that I bought off Amazon.com, so I can design my own portfolio Web site
- Assembling a portfolio to apply to the Academy of Art in San Francisco
- Beginning a pro bono copywriting project through the Taproot Foundation, where I will be copywriting a brochure project for Page Ahead—a local nonprofit advocating child literacy
- Two job interviews this week and continuously trying to push out three resumes and cover letters a week
- Staying after hours at work to spend a couple hours trying to finish Vanessa and Larisa's uber-late, two-year birthday project I've been designing (it's a surprise)
Currently Feeling: Nervous about all this WV application stuff coming through.
Currently Anticipating: The interview I have with a rad ad agency on Thursday.
Currently Worrying About: My boyfriend. I haven't heard from him in nearly two weeks! Yikes.









2 comments:
I've found that boredom literally drives me crazy. When I'm bored, I become an emotional wreck and make irrational decisions just so I don't have to continue living with my sheer boredom. I'm uber impressed that you have the ability to channel your boredom into something productive. Good luck with all your projects!
Cari,
I am the SAME way. You described how I feel about boredom to the T. Lol. I guess when things are bothering me, I look at ways to change those things. So, boredom is bothering me, and va la: now I'm overly busy. Ha.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.