A blahger pitched the idea to the blogosphere, stemmed from the ever popular PostSecret, I’m assuming. The idea was to have bloggers send in their “secret,” and then each secret was distributed randomly to participants to post on their blogs anonymously. Therefore, yesterday nearly 80 blogs had anonymous secret posts up--“Everything from rape to incest to adultery to financial ruin to crime and so on.”
A pretty neat idea, in my opinion. Read through them, if you feel so inclined.
I discovered BlogSecret earlier this week, after the deadline to submit, so I’m bummed that I couldn’t be quick or popular enough to take part in the festivities.
So, I thought I’d share a secret anyway. Not anonymously, mostly just for shits and giggles and because we all have secrets that shape our being. Why not be more open about them? After all, if PostSecret and BlogSecret have accomplished nothing else, they've taught us that everyone is human.
I was once in a relationship in high school that could be considered emotionally abusive and borderline physically abusive. It took a long time for the scars to heal, and to trust or care about someone again. I rarely talk about it, but it’s made me the strong woman I am today, so I’m thankful for the experience. I will never again compromise myself or my convictions. Yesterday I stumbled across a picture of him on the Internet, and the sight of him still makes my stomach sick.Currently Feeling: Like a penny pincher. Penny pinching is no fun.
Currently Anticipating: Going to W's wine and dinner party tonight with Amanda!
Currently Listening To: "Empty" by Ray LaMontagne.









2 comments:
If it makes you feel better, Corey Haim's life without you has been pretty awful.
Corey Haim?! Ha Ha.
He's WAY before my time. I'm a baby/child of the 80s...he was a teenager in the 80s. Like DUH.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.