Occasionally I’ll dabble with recipes, but most of the time I’m stuck in my no-time, starving-when-I-get-home, need-to-make-something-healthy-and-quick ways. Therefore, I eat a lot of Trader Joe’s minute brown rice, stir fry veggies and some sort of curry or masala sauce. For at least the past six months, Indian food has been my mainstay. (Thankfully, I'm coupled. I don't know how well smelling like Indian food would come off if I were single).
But I try, I really do. I like to think that I’m on a VERY slow path of perfecting my cooking until I have children and a hubbie that I need to cook regularly for someday. Not every girl my age can be as talented as this one (heart-shaped French Onion soup, really?!), but I still like food. A lot. Which does lead to the occasional kitchen experiment.
The other day I was trolling around on the NaBloPoMo site, which features a blog every week, and I found Ezra Pound Cake. You will not find cooking blogs in my blogroll, but OH! The pictures! The recipes! They made my mouth water. I think this might officially be the first food blog I’ll put in my RSS.
So when Baby Daddy and I decided to walk to the store last night to get ingredients to make dinner, I immediately thought of the picture of Thai Chicken Noodle Soup that I had drooled over last week.
You can’t tell me that doesn’t look amazing…And, just as I thought, it tasted totally amazing. (Thank you, Rebecca!) So, I figured I’d share it here via my dorky little pink recipe cards if you so care to print and try the recipe yourself. Let me know if you do!
Currently Feeling: Annoyed.Currently Anticipating: Wine and snacks with Bri tonight.
Currently Hating: Stressing out over Christmas gift giving.









5 comments:
That looks yummy, healthy and quick! The perfect combo in my book. It's soup season, so I may have to try this out.
It IS soup season. I've been eating it for lunch and dinner... I guess maybe it could be a good diet?! Lol.
Yes, embrace domesticity, Jeanna... listen to your feelings...
Yum, this does look good! I will try it out soon. I'm about to make a big pot of the South Beach chili I know we both love. It freezes well too. Jesus, listen to me. I'm clearly domesticated if I know/care about how well chili freezes.
Kristen,
Glad you're back! The SBD chili is the single recipe I've made more than anything else... at least once every month or two. That shit is GOOD, so easy and so healthy. How can you beat that?
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.