Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm a freakin' blubbering baby

SO many things are making me tear up today.

From Pretty in the City:

From Sweats in the City:


From Metroblogging Seattle (my old stomping grounds):

Pretty good, is right. The comments in my Facebook and Twitter accounts keep giving me tingles...
"[Anonymous] is speechless. there are not words profound enough to explain what it feels like to finally be proud of this country."

[Anonymous] is (for the first time) proud to be an American.

[Anonymous]
is not afraid to admit he's feeling just a little bit inspired by and proud of his country today.
I am, since backpacking through 13 European countries and learning about our country through the eyes of the world, also proud for the first time in a long time. The bottom line is that our country was a whole lot better eight years ago, before the Bush administration, and it will hopefully be repaired in another four to eight years. (It's about OPTIMISM not PESSIMISM). For a lot of people, Obama makes us feel optimistic.

Last night was amazing. I can't tell you how freakin' proud I am to be part of this election, proud to do my part to vote Obama into office and share the love with my fellow Americans who all believe in and WANT a better country and a better future.

I will, without a doubt, remember it 20 years from now.

(And that's the last I'll say about it, for all of you who are burnt out. ;)

1 comments:

Keep Calm and Carry On said...

i have just stumbled across your blog, so my comments is slightly behind the times.

uh, i heart you. can you move to dallas so we can become bff's????

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.