An extravagant, Balinese Seattle socialite friend of mine, whom I’ll call W, hosted a wine and dinner party at his house in Maple Leaf, and I dragged my
When we pulled up to the street W lives on, two bottles of red wine and MapQuest directions in hand, I didn’t even have to check the address. With an extravagant, Balinese friend comes an extravagant, Balinese house. In a line of houses, it was the only one with Christmas lights in every tree, intricate fountains, Balinese statues in the yard, and huge plastic red hearts stuck in the surrounding flower beds. It was awesome. Amanda and I looked at each other and laughed, “That is SO W’s house.”
Waiting for us inside was a table of wine and cheese, two pots of spaghetti, a camera-happy and YouTube-obsessed host, and fantastic 20-somethings to mingle with. I don’t need to tell you how much wine I drank (not really sure if I even know how much wine I drank), but we eventually moved the party to The Little Red Hen for karaoke night. I vaguely remember jumping up and down, singing at the top of my lungs to an afro-wearing singer on the stage—who turned out to be an old high school friend when he took the wig off—and something red in a little shot glass. It was a little too crazy for a Wednesday night, but I kept telling myself, “Meh, you only live once.”
And in this one life I have, I plan to laugh and dance my little buns off, and drink wine until I turn violet, Violet.
Amanda and I are featured as back-up dancers in this video from last night:
Click here to view pictures from the party.
Currently Feeling: Still giddy and high from all the laughter last night.
Currently Anticipating: Catching up on the shows I missed last night. Love DVR!
Currently Needing: A weekend in.









6 comments:
Oh my gosh, the girl with the dog I know. I volunteer with her at the animal shelter. Small world....
So... did Amanda meet any fellas?
My comments keep disappearing for some reason. I wanted to leave another comment to tell you that I am almost half asleep reading your blog from my laptop and watching you and Amanda bopping around made me laugh out loud several times. Nice work.
The girl's dog kept biting W's ankles. He was a mean one!
AND isn't our back-up dancing hilarious! I kept laughing to myself the whole time saying, "WHAT am I DOING right now?!"
P.S. Yes Amanda found herself a boy... a boy that is totally cute that I was eying when I was single. That's two that's she's snaked from me now! Lol.
AMAZING FUCKING VIDEO.
what did I do after that? the memory is lost, damn red wine and shots!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.