1. If you were in a boat with four people, and it started to sink, what would you do?And I thought I was only in competition with other candidates over my professional skills and experiences...now I have appliances dictating my hiring capabilities. Awesome.
2. If you could be any appliance, which would you be and why?
How would you have answered?
For the record, I said I'd take off an article of clothing and stop up the hole. And that I'd want to be a refrigerator so I'd always have people around me and never be bored... Why, Hello Mr. Pickles. How do you like my shirtless boobies? ...
This is just getting weird.
Currently Feeling: Hopeful and antsy.
Currently Anticipating: Oh glorious weekend, why are you still a day away?
Currently Loving: Feeling on top of my bills right now.









6 comments:
Use your resources / strategic planning / teamwork - some people bail out water while other people work to find a more permanent solution.
Appliance question - that's just weird. I can't figure out how to apply that to the working world. Hmmm.
Yeah. She explained to me to me afterward. Some people are analytical and would start asking questions, "Where did the hole come from?" "What caused it?" Some would be the leader and delegate tasks.... I can't remember her other answers. I asked what my answer meant. She said she'd never heard it, but would probably mean I'd do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Can't be all that bad...
I love how they always say, "There's no Right or Wrong answer!"
They ask worse questions at Microsoft. But I agree, those are kinda bullshit questions, they are more to test how you think on your feet. I kinda get flustered by stuff like that, whereas if they let me write out an answer, it would rock their socks off.
I think those types of questions are aggravatingly stupid. When I interview for staff on my team, I ask questions that give me the same insight, but with job related questions.
It must be because I'm already in a bad mood, but I feel like head-butting the person that interviewed you.
I'm the same way, Dan. I wish I could write out all my interview answers...I heard somewhere that writers are terrible interviewers. I don't think I'm all that bad, then again I've interviewed at a lot of places and haven't had a bite yet...
Al,
Sorry you're having such a terrible day! It wasn't that bad, really. They were asked in more of a light-hearted, laughing manner. I couldn't imagine being drilled in a eight-hour interview with some of these questions, like I hear they do at places such as Amazon.
If it were a rowboat, I'd expedite the situation and prevent any paralyzing fear from setting in by tipping the boat over. My boatmates would have an easier time swimming and focusing on the next move if they were angry at me than if they were generally panic-stricken over a situation they couldn't control.
I'd want them to act and save themselves, not hyperventilate or start praying - me, look at me, you're mad at me, swim to safety but stop focusing on your impending death.
And I'd be a blender. Those things are tough as nails and can chop up iPods.
They don't always do eight-hour interviews at Amazon. Mine was less than a quarter of that. I did have a six-hour interview once with another company, and it was grueling. The toughest question I got was "what has been your greatest achievement in life?" which I'd never been asked before or even thought about.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.