Friday, March 7, 2008

26 x 365: Featured Every Friday: Life at my dad's

26 x 365: Day 111, Uncle Buddy (1982 to 2004)

I realize that the “Melted Midget” jokes were terribly mean.

But, I think my dad really loved you.

I was always annoyed with your constant mooching.


26 x 365: Day 110, Lisa (1996 to 2000)

I don’t think I’ve hated someone more.

You sucked the life out of my dad, before and after your death.

I don’t know he’ll ever recover.


26 x 365: Day 109, Uncle Donnie (1989 to Now)

My dad’s best friend—you literally were family.

I hadn’t seen you in years.

I was weirded-out when I felt like you were hitting on me.


26 x 365: Day 108, Aunt Mandy (1989 to Now)

You and Donnie were the perfect husband and wife.

Your love and passion radiated.

How and where did it go wrong? It makes me so sad.


26 x 365: Day 107, Jerry (1989 to Now)

I used to have a middle-school crush on you.

Last time I saw you, you bashed “big-city” Seattle.

I marveled on how different I’ve grown. Thankfully.


26 x 365: Day 106, Kristina (1989 to Now)

I think you always secretly hated having to entertain me.

And I think you secretly hated your step-dad too.

I wonder if you keep in touch…


26 x 365: Day 105, Uncle David (1990 to Now)

You’re always just lying on the couch.

You really seem to love your daughters.

I can’t figure out if you feel the same about my Aunt.

A Year-Long Journey Through My Life
... x365 Project ...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great! You say a lot in 20 words.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.