Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wearing Underwear is So Uncool

This weekend my little sister (19 and in a sorority at Washington State University) came and stayed with me for some sisterly girl time.
"I've stopped wearing underwear because one of my friend's read that it's supposed to give you cellulite," she declared while we were getting dressed and ready Saturday morning.

"What?! You. Stopped. Wearing. Underwear?! Isn't that a little weird?" I replied.

"No," she said. "In fact, I don't really know any of my friends who do wear underwear."
Great. Twenty-six years old, and I'm already super uncool because I wear underwear.

Currently Feeling: Bored and stuck.
Currently Anticipating: Snuggling with slippers and sweats tonight. It's cooold!
Currently Hating: That I can't kiss Mike.

12 comments:

SmugMonkey said...

Heee. That's too funny.

Of course now I have a new excuse not to wear any.

Jeanna said...

It seems that it's always been socially acceptable for guys to not wear underwear, or "free ball" and "go commando," if you will. It's never made much sense to me cause you guys got a whole lot more hanging around down there to package up than us, but whatevs...

Unknown said...

Hmm... and does wearing a bra make your boobs smaller?

Paolo said...

Totally uncool, Jeanna. I know several 25 and 26 year old ladies who don't wear underwear. When did you miss that trend?

ADeskJockey said...

Ick, how totally unsanitary. And uncomfortable. Have you ever tried to wear jeans with no panties. Ouch. I don't see how wearing at least a gstring is going to give you cellulite considering there is nothing really on a gstring that would come in contact with your ass. At least it'd provide SOME coverage. Ewww.

Dan 10Things said...

GREATEST FASHION TREND EVER!

(And not new, girls I've dated from 21 up to their mid-30s seem to embrace going underpantsless)

Jeanna said...

I agree with the uncomfortable comment. Jean and no underwear (ewww paannnties) do not mix!

FYI: They said that cellulite forms from elastic around the legs. So, basically granny panties. That being said, thongs should keep you free and clear from cellulite. THANK GOD. I wasn't prepared to go commando.

Jeanna said...

P.S.

Underpantless is my new word for 2008

Bri3636 said...

Interestingly, there is a whole market out there of products for those who choose this option. Instead of wearing pantys, you can now buy "Nundies" or "Anti-Pantys" that are little cotton patches that stick right to your pants!

Dan 10Things said...

"Underpantless is my new word for 2008"

Make it your new fashion trend to and really own it!

Anonymous said...

All the time at the gym I see ladies take off their underwear to work out. Um... hello??! The movement on an elliptical in my opinion DEMANDS some underwear.

Hmmm... guess I'm not a very hip 25 year old. Because I do not go underpantless!

adam said...

Hello ladies.....

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.