For those of you who don’t know it already or are a fan, Pearl Jam is finally releasing a new album on May 2nd—four long years after their last album, Riot Act. My favorite radio station, 107.7, was true to Seattle’s obsession with Pearl Jam and bootlegged the single, “Worldwide Suicide” this weekend and played it every 107 minutes. It fucking kicks ass. I’m not just saying this because I love Pearl Jam (and I do) or because I’m following a cliché that everyone in Seattle is obsessed with Pearl Jam (even though they are). It literally rocks and is probably one of the most impressive album-debut singles that I’ve heard from a band in a long time. In a rather humble way, Stone Gossard (PJ’s guitarist) described the new album as, “A couple of rock songs, a couple of ballads—it's not rocket science.” Sure it’s not rocket science for Pearl Jam, but honestly, they are musical geniuses. It would be rocket science for maybe Creed, Limp Bizkit or an American Idol finalist, so I think it would be safe to say that this album is going to totally rock. And whether it proves true to the rumor that it is going back to “the roots” of Pearl Jam, or follows Eddie’s quote that, “Our band is like an old car, and this record is our new engine.” I’m pretty fucking stoked either way. Something tells me this is only going to increase my need to have little-Eddie-Vedder-rock-babies. For more information, a chance to download “Worldwide Suicide” and future touring dates for this album—probably this summer! —check out the newly revamped Pearljam.com.
Monday, March 6, 2006
Little-Eddie-Vedder-Rock-Babies
For those of you who don’t know it already or are a fan, Pearl Jam is finally releasing a new album on May 2nd—four long years after their last album, Riot Act. My favorite radio station, 107.7, was true to Seattle’s obsession with Pearl Jam and bootlegged the single, “Worldwide Suicide” this weekend and played it every 107 minutes. It fucking kicks ass. I’m not just saying this because I love Pearl Jam (and I do) or because I’m following a cliché that everyone in Seattle is obsessed with Pearl Jam (even though they are). It literally rocks and is probably one of the most impressive album-debut singles that I’ve heard from a band in a long time. In a rather humble way, Stone Gossard (PJ’s guitarist) described the new album as, “A couple of rock songs, a couple of ballads—it's not rocket science.” Sure it’s not rocket science for Pearl Jam, but honestly, they are musical geniuses. It would be rocket science for maybe Creed, Limp Bizkit or an American Idol finalist, so I think it would be safe to say that this album is going to totally rock. And whether it proves true to the rumor that it is going back to “the roots” of Pearl Jam, or follows Eddie’s quote that, “Our band is like an old car, and this record is our new engine.” I’m pretty fucking stoked either way. Something tells me this is only going to increase my need to have little-Eddie-Vedder-rock-babies. For more information, a chance to download “Worldwide Suicide” and future touring dates for this album—probably this summer! —check out the newly revamped Pearljam.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I think I just had an orgasm. This is way better than sex... or maybe I just haven't had sex in a really long time??
I think I'll go with better than sex. I mean, you can have sex more often than once every four years. (If you're not ugly.)
I actually have a theory that ugly people have more sex than normal people -- because think about it, there are way more ugly people in the world than good looking people, so naturally it would be easier for them to meet each other and hook up. I think this is why there are so many ugly married couples. Maybe I should lower my standards?
No. Doesn't work ugly on pretty. Only pretty on pretty and ugly on ugly. If there is one better looking than the other, it is guaranteed that there will be an disproportion in sex drive.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.