Thursday, March 30, 2006

Heal the World, Make it a Better Place...

Eye, yi, yi…busy, busy, busy I’ve been. I think about blogging during the day, but then I don’t have time to get around to it. This new position has me trudging through a long to-do list each day that I never really finish. I just end up making a new one the next day, adding the things I didn’t get to the day before, and more things that come up. I’ve been in and out of meeting all day today. While my head feels a little overloaded, I am super excited with the direction that I myself, and the project I am working on, is moving toward. It has helped me feel like more of an integral part of my writing/donor engagement, fulfillment, and development team. (JARGON. JARGON. JARGON.) Anyway, we are basically creating my position each day as we go forward. It is really exciting for me, since I get to be involved with an awesome program at World Vision. Sometimes it amazes me the direction life takes you…If you would have asked me when I was still at Western and in the midst of my journalism degree, where I saw myself, it certainly wouldn’t have been here. One of my favorite mantras though is “Things happen for a reason,” and boy do they ever. For those of you who don’t already know, or have not read my previous blog, I am now a Project Manager/Writer for a program at WV that we call Community Partnerships. A Community Partnerships is basically where a donor adopts a village in Africa. It is amazing and interesting. The donor’s money provides the village with things that they otherwise could not have. I just learned today that I get to take over the role of providing letters and gifts to the donor from the village. I am excited for this because they are supposedly awesome. The letters are all handwritten and the gifts are created by people in the village, such as last year a donor received a huge painting someone painted of the village. I’m excited to organize this…it should add some heartwarming touches to my day. All in all, I am happy that I have been given the chance to work for a non-profit company. We do incredible work all over the world, and it makes me feel that I am making a difference, however small it may be…

Currently Feeling: Sleepy. I had to wake up super early to make something for our “breakfast devotional.” If done so much praying today (weird); I’m definitely going to be doing some extra sinning tonight!
Currently Listening To: Ben Harper’s new CD over and over. Trying to learn the words for the concert…
Currently Anticipating: Seeing the Brit. He’s out of town, and I miss him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.