Saturday, May 23, 2009


Last week, I put my obsession love for bacon in a little perspective for you...

This week, I'm going to put my boyfriend's obsession love for bacon in perspective for you. Perhaps set the stage a little bit about why I have these Saturday bacon posts.

This week I was hanging out at his house, and boy oh boy were his cupboards BARE.
Me: BF, you need to go grocery shopping! There's nothing here. This is like the saddest fridge I've seen.
Him: What?! There's stuff to eat! There's soups and pastas. And waffles. And bacon.
Me: Soups? There's only that crappy chicken and stars soup from Campbell's. Seriously. There's nothing here for dinner. What the hec are you eating??
Him: I don't know. Yesterday I made a bacon tuna sandwich.
Me: A WHAT?!
Him: A bacon tuna sandwich.
Me: Are you kidding me? You have to be joking. Bacon? And TUNA? That's disgusting. I've never heard of everyone ever pairing bacon with tuna.
Him: *Sheepishly* What? It was like a BLT, but just a B... uh, T.
Me: BF, that's really weird. I don't ever want a B.T. sandwich.
Not even I like bacon THAT much. Bacon and tuna?? No thank you.

15 comments:

Katie said...

Loverkins, Bacon and tuna is pretty good.

I'm siding with BF on this.

8 said...

I am all in with the Mighty Miss K here-I haven't tried it, but I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be yummy beyond description.

@TiffanyRom said...

Look at this fabulous blog!!!

I love it! "That's What Je Said".... hahahahaha- I heart the office.

Welcome to SITS!

I am not a fan of bacon and tuna either.

Carma Sez said...

Bacon Tuna - interesting! Not sure of what to make of that one ;-)

Stoppin' by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers!
carma :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to wrap my head around bacon and tuna together!

Welcome to the SITS community!

Mamarazzi said...

ok i am gonna try it...i know that sounds nuts but i am adventurous like that!

I am Mamarazzi and I am a Welcomista from SITS. I am here to welcome you to the SITStahood! You are going to LOVE this amazing community of women.

Stop at Dandelion Wishes and say hello and if you like follow me. I do a drawing for fun prizes each month EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers...just for following, no need to stop in and comment everyday (though you might wanna, but who has time?) just follow...pretty cool right?! yeah, that's how I roll.

Brandy said...

Welcome to SITS! Tuna and anything I don't want! Bleck...I hate tuna.

But I do love BLT's and now I want one...

Wendy said...

Tuna grosses me out in general, so I'm with you on this one!

Jeanna said...

Ok, ok. A couple of you swayed me... I guess I might have to try a bacon and tuna recipe this week. Perhaps I'll report back next week and let you know how it goes. ;)

And to all the others saying hi from SITS... thank you!! ;)

Sandy said...

Ewww! Bacon and tuna...no thank you!

Welcome to SITS!

Lesley said...

um....even when I was preggers I wouldn't want that...I swear men always like the strangest stuff....cast iron stomachs...stopping by to say a big welcome to SITS I'm so happy you are here

Jen said...

I don't know make is a warm tuna sandwich with cheese and then adding bacon doesn't sound all that bad. Maybe!?!

just stopping in from SITS.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm definitely going to have to try bacon and tuna now. great. one more addiction i didn't need, haha (great blog, by the way!)

Maxie said...

I kind of think that sounds delicious, lol. You've started a BT revolution!

Jeanna said...

@Jen
Kinda like a tuna melt, but with crumbled bacon or something? I could see that...

@wekeepsaying
Thank you!

@Maxie & @wekeepsaying
Okay. That's it. I'm researching a bacon and tuna recipe now to put up this Saturday. Dammit. The things I'll do for a post. ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.