Friday, May 29, 2009

Launched: New little blog project

So, I've mentioned earlier this week that I'm launching a new blog project with the BF. It was something that came about this past weekend - a suggestion from him, actually. Surprising since I'm the blogging whore in this relationship, and he's constantly making fun of my Internet geekiness.

Basically, we're always camping, going on road trips and trying out new wineries and restaurants. And when we do these types of things, we're always reviewing and critiquing, comparing, liking, loving or hating the places we go. We thought it'd be fun to start up a review site of the all the places we venture out to. So basically, if you're one of my readers outside of Washington state, this won't interest you at all. But if you're one of my friends, a family member, or someone living in Washington, this might interest you if you're looking for a place to camp or eat. We're only going to be updating as we go places, so not that frequently. But in the meantime, I've written and backlogged a few of the places we've gone over this past year. You can always find what I've posted on the site in the sidebar on this blog.

Check it out if you feel so inclined!

Caviar & Campfires

Oh, and happy Friday. It's 70+ degrees in Seattle, with a forecast of 80 degrees. You bet your butt I'm going to be out partying and sunbathing this weekend - I hope you are too!

Currently Feeling: Happy, happy, happy for a weekend home in the sun. But a little guilty with how much I feel I didn't get done this week.
Currently Anticipating: Girls night out on the town tonight, and floating and jet skiing tomorrow.
Currently Reading: The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs.

8 comments:

Paolo said...

CO-BLOGGING! This is worse than cohabitation! It's borderline commitment! AHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously though, that's by far the best designed layout you've turned out.

Jeanna said...

Something tells me that's nothing near cohabitation. It's much easier to stop blogging or close a site down then to break up and split all possessions and bills down the middle. ;)

Thanks. I love the layout - it's from my favorite design site, Delicious Design Studio. I tweaked the colors, fonts, and changed the header and footer though. I much prefer the rounded header and footer and might change this site to reflect that.

flipflops said...

I love this idea, Je! And Paolo's right (groan) -- the layout looks great. And I may not be in Washington much, but I'm definitely going to use your reviews to help plan my trips home!

Jeanna said...

Cari,
Why is it SO terrible to admit when Paolo's right, and so much fun to make fun of him??
Glad you'll find the reviews useful! ;)

Aubrey said...

I am LOVING your blog! I can't wait to take a peek at some of you other posts!

Coming over from SITS to say hello and WELCOME!

Megan said...

I love the design. What a great project!

Paolo said...

Everyone drinks the Haterade here.

Lily said...

I LOVE this idea! In fact, I've started projects like this once or twice and they've fallen by the wayside, but this is such inspiration to start it up again! If I'm ever in Washington, I'll look to you for pointers first! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.