Friday, May 22, 2009

Friendships for what they are to me, what they could be, and what they aren't

Today I wrote a guest post for Just a small town girl... The blog author, Mandy, runs a series every Friday called "Lasting Impressions" for stories about best friends, lost friends, childhood friends, celebrating friends - basically anything you want to write about friendships. I wrote about how special my friendships are to me, and how hard they are to let go. And the dilemma I feel faced with a lot lately - How do you let a friendship be for what it is in the past and what it might never be in the future?

You can go over to Mandy's blog to read my post, or yah know, don't. After all, guest blogging allows me to be a little bit more anonymous, and therefore honest since not everyone reading knows me, so if you want to leave me floating in Mandy's anonymous part of the blogosphere, that's fine by me. ;)

xoxo
Je

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am constantly thinking about that issue. So good and very true.

Jeanna said...

Thanks, Aubrey. ;)

Lily said...

That's actually a really challenging question. I've seen friendships change over years, and I'm starting to feel the evolution of a couple of relationships in my life that have been my most meaningful over the past few years. It's weird, and kind of unnerving, but friendships do grow and change and sometimes we grow out of them... and sometimes we're surprised by all of the awesome and random places we find new friends. :)

Keep Calm and Carry On said...

i'm going through this with me "bff" right now. the past six months have been, well, painful. i am a better friend to her than she is to me, i just am. it's starting to get old. it's weird bc you break up with boyfriends/husbands when it's time, but no so much girlfriends. (?)

"Friendship is far more tragic than love. It lasts longer." oscar wilde

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.