There's one tourist spot in Seattle that never gets old to me - Pike Place Market. I love everything about it - the local artists; the buskers just trying to make a buck; the free samples of flavored almonds, cheese, sourdough bread and dipping oils, spicy jellies, honey, smoked salmon and apples; Beecher's Handmade Cheese factory; funky shops and trinkets; views of the waterfront; and eating my way through the food booths, from Peroshkis and mini cheesecakes at The Confectional to Mee Sum Pastry's barbeque-pork-stuffed hombows (I never leave the market without one).
Usually once Winter has melted a little bit and the sun is out, I crave a trip to see the hustle, bustle and colors of Pike Place. So yesterday I drug Baby Daddy out of bed for breakfast and a walk downtown. I figured it'd be fun to take along my new (hot pink!) camera out to share some of my amateur photos of the sites and colors with you...
It might be snowing in Seattle right now, but Spring is on the way, bitches!
Currently Feeling: A little queasy and guilty for staying home from work.
Currently Anticipating: The snow disappearing for good (well, for this year at least).
Currently Needing: To hire someone to hang up all the clothes on my floor.









5 comments:
I love to go to the our market here in Cleveland as well - then again I love to go ANYWHERE that has food. You could lock me in your kitchen cabinet with a can opener and I'd think I was in the Ritz.
Oh, I love Pike Place Market! We have a great farmer's market here in Madison, too. The second biggest in the country, I've heard? I need to get back to Seattle for a visit! It's been years.
I've seen some of these pictures before... somewhere... recently...
Lol. Narm, you're hilarious. I feel the same way about food, although my cabinets really are nothing like the Ritz unless they serve tuna rice on a regular basis.
@Your Ill-fitting Overcoat
I'm seriously overdue for a trip to the Midwest. I haven't always been interested, but now that I read so many blogs with writers stationed there, I'm getting the itch...especially with teasers like "second biggest market in the country." Wow. ;)
i am sooooooooo jealous that you live somewhere that is actually worthy of pic taking!!! dallas has no natural beauty to offer. i often blame my drinking on it, i seriously do.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.