Twice in the last two months, I’ve had a complete stranger make a comment about my “aura.”At the terrible, horrible no-good, very bad Lock and Key party, I was briefly talking to an Indian guy. (And by that, I literally mean, from India) for a while, trying to be as nice as can be. Finally, he made a motioned in a circle around my head and told me that I had an aura that people can pick out of a room. And since he’s been in Seattle, he’s met a lot of people with an aura like mine. Most of which, don’t eat meat or practice yoga, etc. I was very intrigued by this conversation—it was actually the only time I wasn’t yawning, feeling creeped out or checking my watch. I mean, he’s from India, which means he’s most likely Hindu, and they believe in chakras, auras and things like that, right?! He must know a little about what he’s talking about…
Then last Thursday, I was at a bar with some college friends, celebrating a birthday. At the end of the night, I found myself outside, chugging down my Fresh ‘n’ Clean and taking hits from the ole nicotine. I started talking to an older woman, I can’t remember about what. But, she stopped before she left the patio to tell me that I have a beautiful aura—“like Kate Hudson or something.”
My aura is purple…PURPLE!
Telling me I have an aura like Kate Hudson is pretty much the best compliment anyone’s ever given me. No matter how farfetched, far-reaching or bull shit it could be. But, after hearing this from two people recently, my interest was piqued. What, exactly, does it mean to have a good aura? And why, may I ask, do people feel the need to comment on mine?
Now, I’m one to believe in funky hippie beliefs like reincarnation and karma, far more than I believe I was made from an effing rib and my savior walked on water. Maybe that’s just me. Maybe I’m just crazy. But, auras?! Do they exist, and if so, what color is mine? I started to do a little research, and here’s briefly what I discovered:
- Auras are believed to be a representation of your inner energy.
- They exist in different shapes, colors, sizes and positions.
- Chakras are spinning vortexes of energy where spiritual energy flows into the body. The seven main chakras are located in line with the spine. The energy typically flows in through the front and out the back.
- Aura readings can help you identify and release blocks, and also help you get in touch with your own energy, so you can know your own truth and make the highest choices for yourself.
RED: lifeforce, survival, raw passion, anger, frustration, menstruation, determination, sense of importance, feeling overwhelmed by changeNow, I wish one of these two “aura believing and seeing” people would have commented on what color I was because I find a little bit of myself in each category. However, what I’ve concluded from this whole aura business is that they must be seeing some of the inner energy I’ve been feeling lately—happy, content, lucky and blessed (in a non-Jesus way).
ORANGE: sensuality, physical pleasure, emotional self-expression, creativity, lacking reason, lacking self-discipline, health, vitality
YELLOW: mental alertness, analytical thought, happiness, optimism, child-like, ego driven, thinking at expense of feeling
GREEN: healing, peace, nurturing, new growth, fear, need for security, jealousy and envy, balance
BLUE: verbal communication, freethinking, relating to structure and organization, emphasis on business, male energies, sadness, possibilities
PURPLE: wisdom, authoritative, female energies, matriarchal, sense of superiority, controlling, imagination, intuition
BROWN: grounding, down to earth, practical, male energies, invalidating, emphasizing body and denying spirit, feeling worth-less
BLACK: issues relating to death, hatred, lack of forgiveness, unresolved karma, dark intentions, shadow games, needing compassion for self
PINK: self-love, tenderness, female energies, gay energies, emphasis on physical appearances, being 'nice' at expense of being 'real'
WHITE (CLOUDY): New Age or religious energy, lacking consciousness, a cover-up, denial, being 'good' at expense of being 'whole'
WHITE (CLEAR LIGHT): very high spiritual vibration, godly, divine, inspiration, seeing spiritual big picture, compassionate
GOLD: high spiritual vibration, integrity, respect, freedom, clearseeing, integrating spirit and body, creating as spirit
I think when you’re happy, it shows. And that is all I can conclude from my “aura.”
Currently Feeling: Confused and perplexed.
Currently Anticipating: Walking Greenlake tonight with my parents
Currently Loving: The Nike +iPod—it tells you how far you have left to run, right in the middle of your workout. It’s genius!









4 comments:
Wait, I'm confused. How do I find out what color MY aura is? That's so frickin' cool.
(I love this stuff.)
Aura's are amazing. You should go online and read about your chakra's. I think we have 7 of them along the spine. I used to know about healing crystals (I know sounds hocus until one cures your cramps in the middle of I-5) and reiki is interesting as well. Good for you for being happy and seeing light in other ways of life.
What about Magenta?
MAGENTA: Wastes time, tries to define self with ambigious color system
Ha ha ha!
PUCE: bad friend, unnecessary negativity, jealousy of other's creative and writing abilities.
Your aura is purple, Jeanna, PURPLE. Don't let Paolo's black cloud ruin it.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.