Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dating sans kissing

3 dates=no kiss

What is this shit?!

This is so sad and creepy to admit, but dating while sober is 10 times more difficult than dating someone after you’ve hooked up a couple times, boozy McBoozerson style. After going on three amazing dates with Jesse-Colorado, I still haven’t received any tongue action. And while I avoid awkward first-date kisses like the plague, last night I was ready and rearing to let this guy know I liked him. More than a friend. More than a “let’s go out to dinner, have amazing conversations, then hug each other like brother and sister at the end of the night.” I even put the parking brake on when I pulled out in front of his house. Come on. Isn’t that the first clue that I’m ready to hang out for a little longer than the time it takes for you to say goodbye and jump out of my car?! I’m confused. I need a guy to be aggressive. Cause, let’s face it, the first kiss is totally icky. It’s usually a stumbled go-in, where you go left and he goes left when he was supposed to go right. Or you bump teeth. Or all you can think about is your breath. What’s the fun in that? I hate it. Funny, cause you put a little vodka in me, and I’m asking every good-looking man I run into to make-out with me.

Since I was a little mean to this guy the first night I met him, (I threw him a pillow to sleep on the futon after his friends left him at the bar on his birthday, pushed away any attempts of his to kiss me that night, then told him he wasn’t allowed to be in my room in the morning when he came in to talk), I’m pretty sure he has no clue if I dig him or not. At the time, I didn’t know who he was, and why he followed me home. I just wanted to eat my drunken food and pass out by myself in my bed without some dude bothering me. But, the next morning he asked for my number, and since then we’ve had three fabulous dates, I like him. A lot. Even more than ever after last night. And now, I’m not so sure he likes me!

Oh, the agony and headache of it all.

Maybe it’s because I snorted after I laughed. That’s right. SNORTED.
And afterward he said, “that’s hot.”
Geez.

Sometimes, I really just want to crawl in a hole. I wish I could come out on the other side, married, knocked-up and over this dating stuff.

WHAT?!? Jesus. I think I drank some crazy juice.

Currently Feeling: Like this week is dragging.
Currently Anticipating: Receiving my new Asics, Nike Sport Kit, arm band, shoe wallet, and headphones in the mail. I kind of went a little crazy on the online shopping this week. Oh, and I can't wait to pick-up the new rollerblades I'm buying off Craigslist!
Currently Loving: Agua Verde Cafe. Seriously. That's some good Mexican food!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanna! Jeanna! Jeanna! Well - I do give you credit for putting yourself out there a bit more. Perhaps your next date should involve a few cocktails! And why do you think he may not like you? Because you haven't kissed? How did you leave it - plans for another date?

Jeanna said...

Um, no. It was actually sort of a rushed send off. I think he felt the awkwardness. We both were just kinda like, "Ok bye. Have a good weekend!" He's leaving for the fourth weekend in a row on some rock climbing trip. So no hopes for cocktails this weekend. The thing is, he makes comments about how we're going to do this and that, "next time," which I guess is a good thing. I think I'm hyper-sensitive cause after last night I decided I like him MUCHO!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really nice guy you got there:) And some nice gear so you wanna do a 5K this weekend? Since you do have all the important things covered.

Anonymous said...

Dear What Is This Shit,

It sounds like Jesse-Colorado is a guy, in which case he'll be more than happy if you pull a 180 and say, "Hey! Howabout tonight we make out?"

When a girl tries to kiss a guy and he's not interested, she decides he's gay and never bothers with him again. When a guy tries to kiss a girl and she's not interested, he waits ten minutes. Then he tries again. This continues until either a) she kisses him back, b) she maces him, or c) one of them dies of old age. If you are alive, you have potential. :)

Tell him you were scared, and didn't want to rush things. He'll say, "I understand, that's totally cool. No, that's how it SHOULD be. I totally respect that." At the same time, he'll be thinking, "Hot damn!"


Steve

Jeanna said...

Brittany--I'm getting back in the go of things after a two or three week lazy stint. The new equipment is supposed to make me feel like I'm serious, or something. It hasn't arrived yet, so we'll see. But, when I ran Tuesday on my old shoes, it made my knee ache like crazy, so I'm definitely holding out for the new shoes. Can I take a raincheck? I most definitely need a running buddy, however, so we should keep in touch about this.

Steve,
I LOVE your "manly man" perspective! Only chicks read and comment on this blog! Well, except Paolo, but he's a homophobe. I almost made a comment and jumped on him last night. I DO have gumption if the mood strikes me. I'm most definitely saying something next time, though! The funny part is that it shows exactly HOW much I like him, where he probably thinks the opposite. Isn't life funny?

Paolo said...

Wow. Did I get called out on this one or what?

While snorting may not have helped your cause, it's never stopped me. Snorting (in laughter) is actually endearing.

While you're used to sucking face on a regular basis, not all dudes are going to be all about that from the start. This is the characteristic of a shy dude. Don't worry, shy dudes are still sexual creatures and will turn the corner eventually. Patience, horny padawan.

Dan 10Things said...

I would stop asking out any girl I didn't make out with by the second date. The third date is supposed to be the sex date! Actually, come to think about it, I usually don't ask girls out until I've made out with them.

Paolo said...

Right, right. I take it all back. As noted in "Knocked Up," "I was expecting a BJ on the second date. That's what I told my friends I thought would happen."

Jeanna said...

Ok, ok. I know. I'm usually giving it up right away! You'd be so proud Dan! ;) So, fourth date on Wednesday. And something most definitely has to happen then. I decided I'm going to wear my bra and panties on the outside of my clothes so he gets the hint.
And Dan, I don't know if I should be taking advice from a married man. ;)

Dan 10Things said...

I should probably write a blog about dating in an open marriage, I think I have at least as many funny or bizarre experiences as you. But guys don't kiss and tell.

Jeanna said...

Oh god, what i wouldn't give to read your "Open Marriage" blog...

i GUARANTEE you have more funny stories and bizarre experiences than i do.

do you happen to meet any of these chicks online?

Dan 10Things said...

I've only gone out with two chicks I've met online. I found both experiences to be totally bizarre, and coincidently (or not?) both dates were in Ballard. The first was at George and Dragon, her call, she had asked me out. It was super loud and she talked the whole time without listening to me. I didn't have chemistry with her much at all. She asked for a ride home and then totally stuck her tongue down my throat when I hugged her goodnight. I think I made out with her just to be polite, but I totally wouldn't go out with her again even though she asked me a few times. The second girl I asked out for a drink because we'd been flirting through messages and she looked cute in her pictures. And she was, but totally flighty. We hung out for drinks at the High Dive and it was super flirty and we made out at the end of the night. But she had all kinds of issues going on and we never ended up going out again. Both stories are alot more complicated. I'm not into online dating, chemistry is super important to me and I'd rather not waste my time emailing back and forth a bunch getting to know someone before I know if we have good in-person chemistry. The getting to know you stuff is more fun in person anyway when you can smile, wink and bat your eyes. Although if I meet someone at a party or at a bar (and know them via friends) and feel there is a connection, I'll totally stock them on MySpace to ask them out and try to get in their pants. But we have to meet in person first.

Jeanna said...

you're too funny. i've used facebook and myspace once or twice to stalk a hook-up partner in hopes of continuing it...both were futile though. although, one was in LA and the other was 21, so probably too stupid to realize that my email was basically, "if you come hang with me, you will get laid."

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.