I’ve officially regressed back into my man-retarded ways. I was getting good there…picking them up left and right, dating, smooching, flirting, laughing and loving. Then I think the last one just exhausted me, and ever since, I’ve been a little A-sexual. I need to snap the hell out of it though. Monday, I ruined a perfectly good chance that just about came and slapped me in the face…The summer Amanda and I lived together; we were always running about, meeting new people and partying with neighbors or randoms that we picked up at Golden Gardens. One particular random sticks out to me because I Amanda and I have a photo taken with him and he has a bright red t-shirt on with a fishhook on the front and some clever saying about hookers. I ran into the said random approximately six months ago while grocery shopping at Safeway on lower Queen Anne. The two of us caught eyes a couple times until he finally came up to me in the meat department and said, "If this grocery store is a meat market, you must be the prime rib..."
Just joking. He didn’t say that. But he did ask me if I went to Western, and we had a small chat about hanging out a couple summers back. I small-talked with him for a bit, then we parted ways, and I really didn’t think anything of it.
Monday, I was coming home from work and stopped to get gas at the Chevron station on way south 99. I pulled into a stall, and the guy pumping gas at the stall in front of me was the same random guy. Except this time, he looked a whole lot cuter than I remember thinking he was. I smiled at him while seductively throwing away the garbage from my car. (Come on! I’m just trying to make this gas station pick-up story sound more sexy time.) “Did you go to Western?” He asked again. I’m glad I did, otherwise I think he’d run out of pick-up lines. I chatted with him for a bit, but was honestly in a hurry to get home, make dinner and go to belly dancing. Flirting with someone was the last thing on my mind. I had just come from sitting in front of a computer screen for eight and one-half hours. Obviously, human interaction was not on my list of things to accomplish that day. He asked me if I lived with a roommate or a boyfriend, and I replied, “I live with a Sarah.” He full on laughed at me, “You live with A Sarah?!”
God. I’m such as idiot. He kept talking, telling me that my car was cute and it suited me. He was clearly flirting with me. But, I could barely form words out of my mouth. I eventually walked away mid sentence and said, “Have a good night!” He looked a little crestfallen and walked into the mini mart to pay for his gas.
I got into my car and kicked myself all the way home. Why did I act so retarded. Why didn’t I get his number, why didn’t I casually say, “We should hang out some time,” like I always do?! Shit. He was the cutest, most normal boy I’ve interacted with in a long time.
I even tried to stalk him on MySpace when I got home. But, to no avail. Damn! I was SO prepared to tell people when they asked, "Oh. We met at a gas station."
Next time I run into him, I’m throwing myself at him completely. Better start practicing…
Currently Feeling: Antsy to get off work and drive home in the sunshine.
Currently Anticipating: Gossiping with the ladies over dinner tonight.
Currently Hating: That I spent a big chunk of the only money I had at Trader Joe’s last night. That place is SO addicting!









1 comments:
Man, I was so hoping that prime rib line was true, he would have been my next hero. Don't beat yourself up about the digits, that guy should have asked for your info, he's the one that wimped out.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.