Friday, March 9, 2007

The Latest and Greatest

Within the last couple months, I’ve been obsessed with KEXP. I can’t believe I’ve lived in Seattle my whole life and was never introduced to the wonderment of this radio station until just recently. I had noticed the bumper stickers on people’s cars around the city, but hated that every time I turned to the station, I had no idea who they were playing. However, I started listening to it at work, streaming live online. The Web site features a playlist that tells you every song they’re playing…every time I like a song, I check out who the artist is and, write it down. I can’t get enough. I’ve been introduced to so many new bands in the last couple months, and I have Post-It notes everywhere on my desk at work, listing this band, that song, this CD and so forth.

KEXP is good—really, really good.

Because I am obsessed with the station, it’s introduced to me a bunch of new bands and live shows I want to attend, and it gets me through my work day, I decided to pledge to their Winter Pledge Drive. KEXP is locally ran and supported by members, so there aren’t any commercials, and they rely on support from the money they raise by their listeners. It’s the first time I’ve given money to support a cause, and I’m not going to lie, I feel sort of popular about it. I can’t wait until my KEXP member T-shirt and member card comes in the mail. And when you pledge, it not only supports the radio station, but you get discounts at tons of local clothing stores, restaurants, bars and cd stores around town.

So, if you’re into rock music, listen to KEXP. They’re awesome. And, attend any or all of the following shows with me…I’m looking for a live-music buddy for:

April 14:90.3 KEXP presents The Long Winters at Showbox
Doors: 8PMAge: 21+Tix: Ticketmaster Presale!Saturday April 14th - The Showbox presents THE LONG WINTERS. $15.00 advance at Ticketmaster. Doors at 8pm. 21+. Tickets on sale Friday January 26th at 10am. Internet presale beginning Wednesday January 24th at 10am and ending Thursday January 25th at 10pm; password is "kexp".

April 21:90.3 KEXP presents Junior Boys at Chop Suey
Doors: 9PMAge: 21+Tix: Ticketswest.com4.21 Saturday Neumos and 90.3 KEXP Present at Chop Suey JUNIOR BOYS with Special Guests. tickets are $12 advance.

May 5:90.3 KEXP presents Tapes N Tapes at Neumo's
Doors: 8PMAge: All AgesTix: TicketsWest.comGeneral Admission. All Ages $13.00 tickets available.

May 13:90.3 KEXP presents Peter Bjorn and John at Neumo's
Doors: 8PMAge: 21+Tix: $15 advance at TicketsWestWith Special Guests.



Currently Feeling: A little queasy from those chocolate martinis and pots o cheese last night.
Currently Anticipating: Lebowskifest tonight and our housewarming party on Saturday.
Currently Loving: The 10 new pairs of shoes I’ve purchased. Okay, I know. I’m stopping now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.