New and exciting news in Jeanna’s life—I’M GETTING MARRIED!
Just joking.
I do have exciting news though; I have been given the opportunity to become a Seattle blogger for HotelsbyCity.com. I’ve been scouring Craigslist lately for any available jobs and just perusing the kind of positions I want to apply for as soon as I complete my resume. (Always a grueling and lengthy process when you’re a journalism major.) The other day, I happened across a posting that said, “Seattle Bloggers Wanted.” Hmmm. I’m from Seattle, and I’m definitely a blogger in my own terms. So, I applied. And low and behold, they’ve given me the or a Seattle blog. Not sure how many people are going to do it.
Anyway, I’m super excited. I’ve been managing my own blog site for almost a year now, and have kept up a steady pace of close to every other day. But I’m not getting paid. I just do it purely for my own enjoyment, and those few fans I have. But now, I will be blogging for money, my friends. How exciting is that? I figured it couldn’t get any easier than being required to write about the city of Seattle. You all know how much I love it here, and I’m always out and about, checking out new bars and restaurants. Now I get to write blogs about these places and events for those interested in traveling to Seattle. Apparently, I get 75 percent of ad revenue that comes in. Now, I have no idea how much that is going to translate to. I’m sure it will take me quite awhile to build up some traffic, and I could only make 20 bucks a month. But hey, 20 bucks is 20 bucks, right? I can always pick up a new slutty going-out shirt from Forever 21 for 20 bucks.
So today begins my career as a blogger. Wish me luck. Once I get a few blogs posted and get the hang of this, I’ll be sure to whore out my Web site to all of you folks.
Currently Feeling: Excited and nervous to start writing blogs about Seattle. I’m supposed to post at least twice a week, which I’m hoping won’t be too hard to handle.
Currently Anticipating: Bingo tomorrow and seeing my beautiful and Single and Fabulous friend Kelly.
Currently Loving: My crockpot!! I made minestrone last night, which should get me through this week on South Beach lunches.
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
I got signed for something like that before I got my PR job, but then the PR job thinks writing for $ is a conflict of interest. I'll be curious to see you write about topics other than drinking and dating. Reviews can be tough to write and keep interesting. Post a link when you get going. You've got a reader.
It's going to be really hard for me, I mean, like, to think of anything else, like besides boys and like booze. Maybe the money can be used to buy me some new gum, or an online dating membership, or a drink.
True. true. "But hey, 20 bucks is 20 bucks, right? I can always pick up a new slutty going-out shirt from Forever 21 for 20 bucks."
If the witty banter between you and Paolo continues into your new blog, you've got two readers...
I am so a fan of your blog. I used to do Yelp.com for $1 each review. I ended up making over $200!! About $100 a month. Good luck!
Congrats sista!! I'm sorry that I was lame last night and didn't go out. I didn't think that I could possibly be any fun with the sad mood that I was in, but now I am wishing that I had - for your sake. That sucks you BINGOed alone. Let's make up for it tonight! I got paid today, so if you don't have any plans I'd love to see you!!!
I'll read and comment on your blog every freaking day if it means you make dollas! Holla!
Kel
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.