It now is officially 2007, and I’m less than two weeks shy from being 25. This has led me to be quite introspective as of late. This, combined with all the Best of 2006 or Year in Review lists that have been in the newspapers and magazines, compelled me to create my own “Jeanna’s Year in Review: 2006.”
Top Three Books I Read: Fools Rush In, The Thirteenth Tale, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Favorite Movie: Little Miss Sunshine
Favorite New Band: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Best Concert: Pearl Jam at the Gorge and my first 14-hour drinking binge tied with The Rolling Stones
Best New Restaurant I Discovered: Wasabi Bistro
Most Frequented Happy Hour: Peso’s of course. Can’t beat their Mexican food.
New TV Show Addiction: Project Runway
Best Vacation: Mexico with my seven bonita senoritas
Best Celebration: The Party Bus for birthday number 24
Biggest Purchase: It’s a toss-up between my Volkswagen Beetle and Stella
Biggest Money Blunder: Living for three days without electricity because of the electricity bill mix-up
Funniest Moment: Nearly burning my apartment down and waking up to eight firemen who had to break my door down cause I slept through the fire alarm. Did I mention I was wearing a nightie?
Worst Fashion Trend: Those ugly plastic Croc gardening shoes that people actually wear in public, or skinny jeans.
Favorite New Fashion Trend: Boots over jeans and big belts over shirts
Biggest Party: Drinking for three days in the sunshine at the Sand Dunes
Biggest Accomplishment: Obtaining my project manager position at World Vision
Best New Activity: It’s a three-way tie between my bowling league, Bingo, and Belly dancing and South Beach dinners on Monday nights.
Best Decision: Changing my eating habits. Life’s better on the Beach!
So, now comes the ridiculous New Years Resolution. However, I think what I’ve come up with this year beats all the rest. I’m officially declaring that the year 2007 is for me. While reviewing my year, I couldn’t help but to think about all the bad dating situations and jerks I’ve been involved with in the past year. In 2007, I’m going to try my damndest to stay far away from that. Being alone is always better than being with someone who makes me unhappy. Furthermore, I’m not going to base anymore of my relationships on sex. I’ve made the mistake of sleeping with guys, and then found myself in relationships purely because we were sleeping together, not because we really knew each other or necessarily enjoyed each other’s company. Since 2007 is for me, I’m taking the time and waiting for men to woo me and sweep me off my feet before jumping into a sexual relationship with them.
Here’s to me, myself and I in 2007!
Now, let the drunken debauchery photos commence:

The top of our fabulous hotel room on the 12th floor, above Granville St. in downtown Vancouver, B.C.

Walking to dinner on Robson St. Of course, we went with the most American food possible—Red Robin!

We started off the night drinking champagne and our liter of vodka in the hotel room, with Drinking Jenga for entertainment.

Kristen had to dance on the patio for all to see and shout, "Happy New Year Cookie!"
After a Jenga block instructed Bri to remove an article of clothing, the satin purple bra was the first to go!
Sarah thought it made a pretty new hat!

By the time we got ready, Kristen doesn't remember this photo. But, thankfully we talked her out of wearing these under her dress!

Around 10 p.m., the four of us arrived at The Roxy.

Within 15 minutes, I was already forced to take a photo with a creeper.

There was another creeper in this photo, but we were sure to crop him the fuck out!

It didn't take all of us long to get free drinks and start enjoying the party.

Sarah and I spent many smoke breaks in this corner outside after the drunken bum lady peed in public and was taken away in an armored car.

Someone gave Sarah ribbons that she proceeded to wear for the rest of the evening.

We were dancing and ringing in the New Year at midnight on the dancefloor!

Bri demonstrates how to blow a New Years horn and drink at the same time.

Drunken debauchery.

I'm closing my eyes and swaying to the beat of the pretty music.

The live band was awesome, and I don't know if it was just me, but I swear the guitarist kept winking at me.

Are you sick of photos of me and Sarah yet?

Free champagne and cheers!

The Quitessential New Years photo—ribbons, a New Years hat and champagne!

By this point, I'm completely checked-out and barely holding it together.

Yet, in true Jeanna form, I kept right on partying! Happy New Year!
Currently Feeling: Less than excited to be back on phase one of South Beach, but it'll be good to get rid of those holiday pounds just in time for my birthday.
Currently Anticipating: The New Year. Hopefully a new job. Moving in with a fabulous new roommate—Sarah, and possibly working for a travel blog site as a Seattle writer.









3 comments:
Jeanna - I had so much fun with you this New Years and can not think of anyone else I'd want to ring in the New Year with! Thanks for always being such a good friend and so much fun to be around! Love ya!
Kristen
How do you make phase one tolerable? Shannon hated it! We are not on the SB wagon, so we modified it. I wish you the best in 2007 and can't wait to party on your birthday and my house warming. Two parties in one month, what a great way to start the new year eh?
Right on GF - Single for life!!!!
K-Dogg
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.