Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Old

I’m too old to be on The Real World. I’m not married, engaged or in love. I don’t own a house or condo. I’m too old to choose the “other option” if I get knocked-up. I’ve never lived with a boyfriend. I’ve yet to call another city home outside of Washington state. I need to make a Grad school decision soon. I don’t have a retirement plan or health insurance.

BUT

I finally discovered something about being 25 that hasn’t been bothering me lately—yesterday my insurance rate dropped $40 a month. That’s a lot! Finally, something positive.

AND

Apparently, 25 isn’t too old that I can’t hear this.

Are you?

January is over, and things are looking up. I may have a lot of issues to tackle (I feel like I'm becoming dark and twisty), but at least I'm still young enough to be part of the secret ringtone club and will soon have extra money in the bank!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! for insurance going down!! The $40 could be your retirement plan, in thirty years you will have close to $15,000, that's not a lot, spend it girl, spend it.

Anonymous said...

at 26 I finally fell in love for the 1st (i m serious the 1st fucking time), got a serious (i had mostly 2 month relationships with one that was 6 months), I dont own a house or condo, I m never finished college so grad school is totally out of the question and I just started my retirement plan at 25 (with my financial planner telling me I was 4 years late). I feel like nothing in my life started till 26 so lets just say that 25 (26) is the new 20:)

fuck if old fucks can say that 40 is the new 30 I dont see why 25 could not be the new 20:)

Dan 10Things said...

"fuck if old fucks can say that 40"

Sweet, I'm almost old enough to be considered an old fuck. Jeanna, while you may be to old to be on the Real World, they are a bunch of whiney drama queens, Survivor is where it's at.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.