Saturday, April 11, 2009

So during last Saturday's bacon series, "Yo Quero Bacon! [Part I]" I talked about bacon-wrapped hot dogs at a stand in Sayulita, Mexico. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to make it to Sayulita - it was on the long list, but ended up being the one and only to-do that we cut. I'm not sure if that's good or bad cause I'm still pretty sure I would have died from some sort of dysentery or veneral disease from the street meat.

But, I stayed true to my bacon-loving self and really did manage to eat God's gift to the Earth EVERY DAY while on vacation. If that isn't the makings of a glorious vacation, I don't know what is. The highlight of our quest to eat bacon every day, however, definitely came on the last night when the BF ordered Mummy Shrimp from a restaurant we were at on the beach. What is Mummy Shrimp, you ask? Hrmm. Well, bacon for a true fat kid such as my boyfriend!

Jumbo prawns + deep fried + stuffed with ham and cheddar cheese + wrapped in bacon + dipped in 1000 Island Dressing.

DIG IN!


3 comments:

Independently Dependent said...

No way. That sounds so amazing...slash scary?? You heard about the baconaise craze, right? Please tell me you've been reading those articles on Seattle Times.com??

Jeanna said...

You're absolutely right. Amazing/scary. Of course I've heard of Baconnaise! I just watched a hilarious video last week on it. I'm saving it for the blog. ;) I have so much in the queue right now though people keep sending me great links!

Keep Calm and Carry On said...

i need these prawns!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.