I had quite a lovely couple of days this past weekend. Although I could have done with about 24 more hours per usual, the 48 hours I did have turned out just perfect – with just the right balance of partying, relaxing, friends, boyfriend and staying healthy and active.
Friday I met up with a good college friend at one of my (latest) favorite happy hours – Ascada Bistro. If you’re from Seattle, you should check it out. I think the little place gets lost in the shadow of Peso’s since they always seem to be dead, but they have really great food starting out at $2.99 (including stuffed mushrooms that are to.die.for!), $5 martinis and other drink specials. Plus the atmosphere is there is pretty darn good and allows for easy conversation flow without shouting over music or others. In fact, I like it so much that I’ve been there three times in the last two weeks. Whoops.
Afterward, I headed to TheatreSports in Post Alley for a double date with Bestie Amanda and her new boytoy (I’m unsure if it’s safe to call him a boyfriend yet). The last time I went to TheatreSports was high school, and I’ve been wanting to go back ever since. It’s a live comedy improve competition between two teams – sort of like “Who’s Line is It Anways?” We weren’t allowed to drink in the theater during the show, so my buzz was kinda killed, which effectively made me super tired. BUT, the show was hilarious, and to me there’s nothing quite like a good laugh.
There’s also nothing quite like waking up on Saturday morning without a hang over. I don’t do it often… This past Saturday I bounded out of bed to sunshine filling my entire apartment. My energy is through the roof when it’s sunny (hence why I want to move to Cali). I opened the windows and cooked breakfast while my mind reeled over all the sunny Saturday possibilities. After RUNNING outside in the sunshine (I know. Big shocker. This is the first jog I’ve taken outside in more than a year), I planned a day trip to Vashon Island with my BF and his mini.
The Mini is in love with everything that has to do with boats, sharks, fish, etc, so I figured a ferry boat to an island with beaches and a lighthouse would tickle his fancy. I was right, which felt SO good since I still feel pretty new to this “wooing a 5-year-old” stuff. After the short ride to the island, we stopped at The Vashon Island Coffee Roasterie – an awesome little general store type organic coffee shop that had no less than 100 loose teas to choose from in gigantic jars. (Heaven for me since I’ve been on an anti-coffee, pro-tea kick for the last couple months). We then drove to Point Robinson Park where we combed the beach for seashells. The Mini wanted to take home every seashell he found – “LOOK! OH! MY! GOSH!” he’d shout, and show us a half broken clam shell with seaweed attached. Thing are always 100x more exciting through the eyes of a child…it’s a little humbling. After the park, we stopped at a salmon stand and bought fresh salmon for $9 a pound. I’m super excited to make it this week for dinner, so if any of you have a salmon recipe to share, please do so in the comments or email me. We wrapped up our day trip with pizza and pasta at a little restaurant, which was sorta tacky but had a fireplace to warm up with, so I was content. The whole car ride back, the Mini kept saying, “Can we do this again? When do we get to do this again?” so I felt my island Saturday plan deserved an A+.
And then I wrapped up my entire weekend of being active and healthy with eating about 500 pounds of my homemade caramel corn during the Super Bowl party I attended. Diet FAIL. But oh well, the weekend was over all a SUCCEED, so I’ll just let that one slip this time.
Currently Feeling: Like avoiding a situation that should probably be dealt with.
Currently Anticipating: Getting my workout over with so I can tan and make salmon!
Currently Loving: My new, blonder hair from Bestie Amanda’s awesome balayage.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.