Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OMFG - Instant Celebrity Gossip!

Ah, Twitter.

It’s the latest CRAAAAZE ya’ll! (I can’t believe I just used ya’ll), Who knows; seemed kinda fitting. Twitter makes me loco!* I LOVE it. It’s strangely fun to tell others what I’m up to (in fact, I’m kinda addicted to it and drive the BF crazy when I’m on my phone all the time), and strangely fun to read what others are doing. But - I tend to be slightly picky about who I'm following. I like to follow my friends because I actually care about what they’re doing every minute of the day, and I like to follow some of my favorite bloggers because I read what they have to say every day. I’m also following a few recommendations from others - @Amazon MP3 because they alert you to $0.99 CDs, @condensedmovies because they’re funny, 140-character reviews of movies…

But recently I’ve discovered something really weird – there are CELEBRITIES on Twitter. Celebrities that regularly update their account with what they’re doing – and it’s legitimately them. (Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, Rumer Willis, Punky Brewster, Ashley and Pete Wentz, The Shaq, Fred Durst, MC Hammer, John Mayer, Tina Fay… those are the participating "celebrities" I’ve found so far.) I recently started following Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Can I tell you how weird that is?! I read through my Twitter timeline like 50x a day – oh look, Demi and Ashton are celebrating Talulah's birthday right now! Oh look! Demi and Ashton are in San Fran and they posted a romantic pic together on the Golden Gate Bridge! And now they are on the airplane ride home!

You know I’ve really lost it when I saw that pic and nearly texted one of my good friends who was in San Fran that weekend – "Keep an eye out for the Kutchers! They’re both in San Fran too!" Then I stopped myself – who the $#@* cares you GD loon. I think I might be *this close* (pinching fingers together at the computer screen) to being totally crazy.

Ok, I'm going to go check Twitter now.

*For those of you who poo poo Twitter, it is HUGE in the PR and Mar/Comm world – you should be reading about it and learning how to use it professionally if you’re in these industries, IMO.

Currently Feeling: More than a little behind.
Currently Anticipating: Chic chat tonight!
Currently Reading: Save Karyn by Karyn Boznak, author of Pretty in the City. It’s been awhile since I’ve read chic lit, but this one is HILARIOUS! I can’t put it down.

3 comments:

Independently Dependent said...

I rejoined twitter today because of this post. I blame you if my productivity declines. ;-P

Unknown said...

Yup, totally following Punky Brewster, Tina Fey and John Mayer...

Jeanna said...

"Rejoined Twitter" - how could you ever give it up! ;)

I don't think Tina Fey updates as much as I'd like...but her updates tend to be pretty funny when she does. Imagine that.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.