My Christmas week was pretty standard, (minus the snow totally blowing my usual drive south to my grandmother’s house on Christmas day). I took a mini vaca from work, starting Tuesday with Christmas candy making. I whipped up this wonderful confection:
Let me tell you – this recipe is amazing. If you don’t care that it consists solely of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and theatre popcorn, then you must try it. I think it’ll be my future Super Bowl party staple.Christmas Eve my parents have a party every year that always promises lots of laughter. I’m not sure if it’s because of my whacky Magda aunt, or the never-ending supply of Cosmo Chi Chis my dad pours (a Cosmo made with coconut cream and simple syrup). But my Martha Stewartesque mother always whips up a dream Christmas dinner with my favorite thing ever as a centerpiece – a ham from the HoneyBaked Ham Company.
My sister and I then slept in our old upstairs bedrooms like we were 10 and 3 again, waking up to open presents on Christmas morning. Except now there isn’t quite the rush like when we were young. My family started Christmas morning with a new tradition – ebelskivers. Ever heard of them?! I hadn’t. Apparently they make them at a European breakfast place in my sister’s college town that she’s crazy about, so my mom surprised her by buying a special ebelskiver pan and can of mix. Basically, they’re round pancake balls that you can stuff anything into. We got pretty creative, making blueberry, chocolate, marshmallow and even sweet potato ebelskivers (that was my idea, of course), topping them with powder sugar and whipped cream. Mmmm.
And then, because the snow melted just enough, I redeemed my previously canceled trip to my other grandmother’s house where I continued to eat myself silly and lie horizontally. (Thank god for What Not to Wear marathons. Stacey and Clinton are my best lazy friends.) And of course, no Christmas is complete without my thoughtful gifts from that side of my family – bubble bath, shower gel, body spray, lotion, more shower gel, a candle, some bath beads and bath gel. And now I’m good for another year.
Hope you all had a very merry, horizontally stuffed Christmas.
Currently Feeling: Ready to take the new year by storm.
Currently Anticipating: Finally seeing my BF and celebrating our Christmas together.
Currently Hating: Food.









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.