Remember when I introduced you, all my lovely lady friends, to that ridiculously cheap and addictive shoe Web site nearly two years ago? Well, I have another little tip for you, if you haven't dipped into it already.
I received an email two weeks ago from a friend, which said Nordstrom's was changing the packaging of their E.L.F. makeup brand (Eyes, Lips, Face) and therefore selling everything for $1. Upon further research, apparently this email is a scam, and E.L.F. is no way affiliated with Nordstrom. BUT, it's not a total scam--E.L.F. says they weren't involved in this email rumor, but they do in fact sell nearly everything for $1, claiming that the makeup industry is overpriced. They've been recommended by Oprah and a number of fashion magazines.
So, I scowered their Web site and ordered away. They have everything from lotions and shower gel, to makeup, brushes, tweezers, eyelash curlers, nail polish and more.
Today, I received my shipment, and I have nearly only positive things to say. It is an inexpensive product, but I wouldn't say that it's any worse than Maybelline or some other drugstore makeup brands, and you really can't beat the price. There are certain things I'd jump on, and certain things to pass up.
Out of nearly 30 items, only about three came back in the color I wasn't expecting. It is a little tough to tell exactly what you're going to get with online pictures. Their Luscious Liquid Lipstick has a great consistency and flavor (not sticky), and their mineral eye shadows and face makeup are FANTASTIC at only $3 a piece. (Mineral makeup is the latest crazy and usually pretty expensive, so this really is a steal. I'd specifically recommend the Celebrity and Wild mineral eye shadows.) I'd probably pass on ordering their mascara again; I've yet to try the nail polish for quality, but dig the bronzer (super shimmery!) and especially their Elements customizable makeup palettes. (Great for throwing in your bag when spending the night over at a guy's house.)
All-in-all I say check them out. What's $1 these days anyway?
TIP: If you enter CAROLINA at check-out, you get $7.95 off an order over $15! That's half off! And, if you spend more than $20, you get a free subscription to Vogue.
Happy shopping, gals!
Currently Feeling: Cute in my favorite summer work dress.
Currently Anticipating: Picking up my new couch tonight.
Currently Wishing: I could transport myself to San Fran tomorrow.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I hope you know they test their makeup on baby chipmunks
Oh really, that's funny. Read their position here on that:
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/peta
They're actually 100% animal-cruelty and fur free. They support PETA. Boo yah!
I know you were just kidding and coming from a completely ignorant makeup standpoint. No worries! ;)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.