Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Get the hec off my cloud

People see a little...off...today. Is it the weather?

My bus ride this morning was just odd. It was more crowded than usual, and one girl (slightly more curvy then the average bear) with a huge backpack and brown bag full of stuff (plus her own bag) had to stand and sway and fall over and trip in front of all of us on the back of the bus. She nearly fell over and a nice old lady said, "Are you okay?" "YES. I'm FINE," she huffed back. Two people, including me, offered her a seat. The first she snottily replied, "No. There's not enough room for me anyway!" And when I offered to move so she could have two seats, she replied in a shrill voice, "No. Nothing is going to work!" Yikes. We're just trying to be nice, you freak show.

Then there was a guy listening to music so loud that the entire back of the bus could hear all the lyrics through his headphones. Everyone was glowering, glaring and mean-mugging him left and right. First it was extreme rap, then it was something Pantera-esque, then it was The Rolling Stones (the only decent choice). When one girl asked him to turn it down, he ignored her and looked straight ahead, continuing to interrupt our nice book-reading bus ride without so much a sorry or apologetic care in the world.

Then, I get into work, and the head of IT is setting up a brand new computer. "Ooh, that's a pretty new screen!" I commented--very cheerfully--might I add. You know, just trying to make friendly conversation with the computer geeks. And he didn't mutter a word, ignored me and didn't even look up. Sheesh.

You know people, just because you're having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, doesn't mean you need to take it out on the rest of society who might be having a not so bad day until all of your negative energy pierced my purple aura bubble.

Currently Feeling:
A little nervous, but excited for Miami!
Currently Anticipating: Finally getting cable at home. Lol.
Currently Hating: Comcast. Why are they always SO retarded?

2 comments:

ReadyToShelve said...

Congratulations on bringing the word "Pantera-esque" to the blogosphere. :)

Sarah Alway said...

I bumped into our Diabeic Bus Friend again yesterday. She plowed off the bus at 3rd & Stewart and headed right toward the bench I was sitting on, and I high-tailed it out of there, in fear that she begin demanding that I move. She sat down for two seconds and then got up to get on the next bus, presumably so she could ride another few blocks before getting off again. This time she did not scream racial insults. I was kind of disappointed.

I heart Seattle Metro.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.