Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The best way to quote Bob Dylan

"I built a ledder to the stars and climbed on avery rung."
This is a misspelled sentence I caught today from my British friend. [No, not Old Balls.] At first I thought he was drunk, since it's 11 p.m. there his time and in NO way do those words make sense. But, he just admitted he's a bad speller and was trying to quote Dylan lyrics.

I don't know why I think it's so freakin' funny, but it IS! It's British misspelling - like how they would sound out a word and spell it. You can read the sentence and hear the British accent!

Love it. Instead of judging him for poor grammar, I'm going to start asking him to misspell everything.

This could probably be a little insight into why I thought Old Balls was so cute. When you're British--even your misspelled words are adorable. When you're American, you just look like an effin' idiot!

Perhaps I should move to the Motherland.

2 comments:

adam said...

first of all, please don't ever call England the mother land. Second of all, an accent is no excuse for laziness.

ReadyToShelve said...

Yah! Vat he said! Und don't let uz heah you referrink to England as ZE FAZZALAND eezah!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.