Friday, December 28, 2007

Hazy Holiday Recap

I’m slowly recuperating from the holiday season. Between splitting my time with divorced parents, work, Christmas shopping and all the holiday partying I had to do with friends in town from out-of-state, I’m utterly exhausted. Hence the quietness on the blog front. Here is a recap of my four-day holiday weekend:

Friday: Justin was in town from L.A. for Christmas and the college friend crew got together once again for a night of celebrating each others’ friendship with drunken debauchery. Justin and I were later trying to figure out when the last time was that we saw each other sober, and we figured it was somewhere around 2004.





Saturday: Amanda, Baby Daddy and I didn’t get off the couch till approximately 4 p.m. It was one of the roughest hangovers that I’ve had in a long time. (Damn cheap bar vodka!) We watched The Grinch, slept, ate, slept some more, and then finally made it home with an hour to spare to get ready for Vanessa’s Christmas Sweater party, which was nothing short of entertaining. This year the spiked egg nog and liquored drinks were even more free flowing than years gone past, and it wasn’t long before the party was loud, crazy and silly. It was a pleasure, as always, to see all my lovely high school girlfriends in one room, their significant others, and a few stragglers like Justin who actually has become good friends with two of my high school girl friends that he lives near in California. Viva my besties and holiday sweaters!






Sunday: I spent all day painting and gluing coffee canisters I made for the family members on my dad’s side of the family. It was meticulous and drawn-out, but I think they turned out pretty nifty once I filled them up with coffee. Baby Daddy and I then went out for a couple beers at McMenamin’s Pub on lower Queen Anne, but decided to bar crawl instead of going home. We stopped in Solo for a drink in the middle of a benefit for the sound guy from The Crocodile. The place was hoppin, and we ordered a Hoegaarden-esque beer and watched all the hipsters with fingerless gloves and black-rimmed glasses. Next we stopped at Jabu’s to play ping-pong and ended the night at Ozzie’s. We were both sufficiently tipsy. It’s just so hard to pass up those no-work-the-next-morning opportunities!




Monday: My parent’s hosted their annual Christmas Eve party with Cosmo Chi Chis and bottles of wine and champagne. My loony Aunt who resembles Magda from There’s Something About Mary was of course in attendance—always a pleasure. I stuffed myself silly with orange honey-glazed ham, parmesan puff pastries, shrimp cocktail, green beans, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, orange mandarin jello, and my mom’s decadent chocolate raspberry truffle cake. My parent’s really know how to throw a good party, and I was in bed fast asleep by 1 a.m.

Tuesday:
I woke up Christmas morning to a few excellent presents even though we were supposed to be skipping Christmas this year in light of our family Hawaiian vacation planned for May. I scored trinkets from Sephora, Victoria Secret and the new Gwen Stefani L.A.M.B. perfume. After opening presents, I quickly rushed off to my dad’s house in Castle Rock—a little town two hours south. I arrived just in time for dinner at 2:45 (that’s right!! Dinner at 2:45!!). I stayed to open presents, where I was gifted a new elliptical trainer that I’m planning on using in front of the TV all January, February and March so I’m nice and skinny in time for the Sandbar. I then wrapped up my Christmas with the two-hour drive back to Seattle around 8 p.m., and exchanged gifts with Baby Daddy where I opened the most beautiful white gold and gold large butterfly pendant necklace and a wine opener called The Rabbit. LOL for those of you who watch Sex and the City.


So here I am, a few days this week at attempting to return my gifts, pack away the boxes and put together my new elliptical trainer….and it starts again. I will be hitting the town tonight with Amanda and her boyfriend Luke, who are both in town from Canada, try to sleep on Saturday, hit the slopes on Sunday for some boarding, then a swanky night on the town for New Years. Hopefully by the time work rolls back around again on Wednesday, I won’t be dead. Love you!

Currently Feeling: Antsy to get the heck out of work. I’m BORED.
Currently Anticipating: New Years with my besties and Baby Daddy.
Currently Hating: Thinking about Baby Daddy leaving in two weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spending a holiday with someone you are dating? Sounds like it's moving on to the relationship stage eh?

Jeanna said...

Perhaps. We'll see.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.