While walking through Blockbuster with Baby Daddy, I asked if he’d seen a particular movie.
“I don’t like horror movies,” he said.
“WHAT?! You don’t like horror movies? Sometimes I don’t think we could be more opposite,” I retorted.
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“I like horror movies you don’t. I like to read, you don’t. You go to church, I don't. I like Seattle. You like the Eastside…”
I trailed off, listing just a few of the reasons why I feel Baby Daddy and I couldn’t be more of a baffling match.
“I guess opposites attract,” I said afterward, hoping to avoid any potential hurt feelings.
---
A couple days later, I was standing in my kitchen, making dinner, and Baby Daddy was sitting in my living room. My latest read, "The Pillars of Earth," was sitting on the coffee table.
“Do you like "The Pillars of Earth?" What’s it about?” he asked.
I smiled in the kitchen. “Yeah, actually. I like it a lot….” And then I proceeded to describe the plot to him.
He didn’t care. I know that. He was simply making an effort to connect with me on something I pointed out that I enjoy. I guess two people can be complete opposites and not at all enjoy the same things, but I believe it might work when both parties share an invested interest in what makes the other tick.
At that moment, I couldn’t have liked him more for simply asking me about a book.
Currently Feeling: Freaked out by all this rain and hydroplaning my car is doing.
Currently Anticipating: Two weeks till Amanda comes home!
Currently Loving: Fireplaces, movies and Monopoly nights.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
I agree that opposites attract. They also leave you and move back to Philadelphia...
:) Bri
oh. :( i didn't know you considered vince your opposite...
I don't think we could have been more different - but that's also what made it interesting - we complimented each other in a way...
Didn't end well, but I think it is important to have people in your life that make you look at things in a different way :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.