I read a fellow blogger’s thoughts on three men in her past. And it seemed cleansing and like reckless heart abandonment. So, I figured, Jeanna could always use a little cleansing. It helps me get a little closer to exactly what I want and need in life, eh? One more step in solving the puzzle...
Here’s my take on her ex-orcism:
_________________________________________________________
I don’t miss how my family didn’t like you and would never have shared my love for you. I don’t miss your constant need for reassuring in everything in life: yourself, your job, your personality, my love. I don’t miss standing on a curb, waiting to see your car come pick me back up, feeling like the world was falling out from beneath my feet. I don’t miss never explaining or justifying myself enough to others when they wondered what I saw in you.
I miss that out-of-control love that I’ll never feel twice. Cause I’ll never be un-jaded like that again.
_________________________________________________________
I don’t miss knowing that I could never convince you that we were perfect together and would have been happy, well, forever. I don’t miss feeling like the smallest flaw in myself meant that I was not the perfect person you imagined spending your life with. I don’t miss feeling like I’d rather die than live life without you.
I miss eenks and wobbles. I miss feeling like I was the luckiest person in the world. I miss our after-softball-game ritual. I miss that plate of lemon bars you’d leave for me in the fridge. I miss your silly love poems and that goofy face you make when you play the guitar. I miss looking at you when we were sleeping and feeling like you were perfect and there was no way I could ever love someone so purely, completely, wildly again. I miss loving someone purely, completely, wildly. You are the only man to truly capture my heart.
_________________________________________________________
I don’t miss how your actions never matched up with your words. I don’t miss the constant letdowns and disappointments. I don’t miss feeling like everything was left unsaid, but if I would have said it, it wouldn’t have mattered. I don’t miss knowing that I was never going to be the woman to snag you, that being crazy about you was always to remain unrequited.
I miss our naughty text messages. I miss setting the alarm an hour early before you went to work. I miss feeling like I couldn’t get to your house fast enough and the butterflies in my stomach might cause me to float up and fly away. I miss that crazy, crazy chemistry. You made me feel sexier than any man ever has.
_________________________________________________________
Awww. Phew. That felt great. Now, here's the real challenge for those of you who feel like you know the ins and outs of me... name the three.
Currently Feeling: Impatient. Just let it all out.
Currently Anticipating: Caitlin's going away at Kell's tonight.
Currently Reading: The Things They Carried.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Tyrone, Runell and Jamal-Shabaz?
funny adam harvey.
don't think the "anonymous" fools me.
That second one is definitely me. Don't worry. I'll still make you lemon bars.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.