I’ve added a new week-time ritual to my repertoire—Bingo on Thursday nights. Frankly, I’m starting to scare myself…book club, bowling league, bingo…is anybody seeing a scary pattern here? Have I suddenly skipped from being super popular to being an Old Maid? Fuck, I’ve even purchased a cat.
Maybe I’m just figuring out early what it takes years for everyone else to realize—activities such as Bingo, Bridge, Bunko, and all other events that usually have “60-years-old and over” attached to them, are really the absolute best ways to spend any free time. God, I’m so progressive.
So, Bingo at Jabu’s on Thursdays has become the place to be. Formally 25-cent PBR night, the local Queen Anne dive has switched to now offering free bingo, starting at 8. That’s right, I said FREE! For the last couple weeks, I’ve met some college friends of mine, Brett and Angie, for an all night drinking and bingoing funfest. I know what you are all thinking; with Bingo comes the crazies. The lucky troll dolls, tokens, bingo daubers, rituals, etc. This isn’t quite like that kind of Bingo. It’s actually pretty low key; the Bingo boards are paper punch-outs, and there’s only four or five rounds with prizes such as Sonics or movie tickets. Plus, there are many, many pitchers of alcohol involved. I’m not sure why, but each week as the night progresses, the bingo caller seems to call things faster and it becomes way harder to keep up and check all four cards in front of me. Watch out for that.
Not only have I had a fun drunken time each week, but I’ve managed to learn a few things too:


Currently Feeling: Slight withdrawals, but better.
Currently Anticipating: The weekend's birthday festivities.
Currently Loving: Friends who know how to handle their alcohol.









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.