Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm In My Prime

Last night I watched Prime, a movie with Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep. The similarities to my last dating experience were uncanny. I felt like I was watching a movie based on my life, which was pretty cool. The story line starts out with a single, late thirty-something divorcee who was married for nine years. [Enter The Brit]. The single divorcee starts dating a young and vi-vi-va-vibrant mid twenty-something. [Enter me]. The young one is charming, funny, great in bed. [Clearly all characteristics I hold]. They struggle with their age difference, the old one listens to jazz music. [The Brit loved classical. Let me tell you how much of a turn-on it is to listen to classical music while fucking.]. And eventually they realize their relationship cannot work out because the thirty-something wants things NOW that the twenty-something doesn’t such as marriage and kids. [The Brit basically said I wasn’t marriage material]. So, they don’t end up together at the end, much like The Brit and I. I guess it was doomed from the get-go since not even Hollywood can glamorize the relationship and make it work. I guess late thirty-somethings and mid twenty-somethings rarely work out. What I did take from the movie are a couple lines The Brit and I could have used on each other. Damn. I guess I’ll remember these for the next old guy I date.

#1: “I have T-shirts older than you.” reference to how much older the thirty-something was than the twenty-something.
#2: “He’s a time-chaser.”-reference to how old the thirty-something was

Moral of the Story: (You choose which one)

I’m in my prime and thirty-somethings are not.

The doomed relationship factor will not stop me from seeking out hot thirty-somethings.

If you listen to jazz music while fucking, your relationship will never work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.