Oh my. It’s sunny and oh so beautiful outside. This weekend was amazing and gorgeous, and I believe we have a whole week of sun and 70-something degrees ahead of us as well. Of course, it automatically puts me in a good mood to wake-up to the sunshine peeking through my pink curtains. Why is it so much more fun to put on capris, sandals and sunglasses in the morning? I’m jealous of those who live in sunshine states and get to relive this feeling every morning for three-fourths of the year. It makes me automatically start creating a list in my mind of all the things I want to accomplish this summer. My best friend Amanda and I did this one summer when we lived together, and we hung it on the fridge in order to refer to it each time we were bored. It felt exhilarating to cross something off that list every time we completed it and plan what we wanted to do on our next days off. While she doesn’t live in Seattle anymore, I’m going to carry on our tradition. I plan to make the most of my spring and summer this year, so here’s my list so far:1. Go Kayaking. (I’ve never been.)
2. Buy a cruiser bike and ride at least once from Seattle to Redmond on the Burke-Gilman Trail.
3. Try to jog or walk on my lunch hour three times a week.
4. Take a ferryboat to the San Juan Islands.
5. Camp in Wenatchee or somewhere I’ve never camped before.
6. Have a BBQ and bonfire at Golden Gardens.
7. Play catch.
8. Walk through the Aboretum’s beautiful gardens.
9. Play Frisbee at least once, and learn to throw the damn thing right.
10. Play tennis.
11. Buy a kite and fly it.
12. Find some dude with a boat and get him to take me and some friends out on it.
13. Take a mini road trip.
14. Attend as many summer Seattle festivals as I can, including Folk Life, Summer Solstice, Bite of Seattle and Seafair.
15. Go to at least one outdoor summer movie.
16. Get a pedicure.
17. Walk barefoot through soft, green grass.
18. Play a Game of mini-golf at Interbay Golf Course.
19. Drive to the Oregon or Washington coast.
20. Spend a weekend in Portland.
21. Go to hot springs. (Another thing I’ve never done.)
22. Take a hike and try to enjoy it.
23. Picnic!
24. Buy fresh flowers at the Market to put in my apartment.
25. Lie in the sun and swim at Madison Park as much as I can.
26. Sit on a dock, with my feet dangling in the water and feed the ducks.
27. Rollerblade as much as possible.
28. Float down a river in an inner tube.
29. Read outside on a blanket.
30. Tour wineries in Eastern Washington.
31. Hot air balloon ride?
32. Hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.
33. Go to the fair.
34. Mariner’s Games!
35. Swing on a swingset.
36. Water ski or various other water sports.
37. Rent a paddle boat at Greenlake.
38. Play Bocci Ball.
39. Play horseshoes.
40. Soak at night in a hot tub.
I look forward to each and every one of you partaking in this spring and summer to-do list with me! Seattle Summer…here we come!
Currently Feeling: Excited about my new eating healthy/less drinking/more exercise plane!
Currently Anticipating: My sunburn fading into a slight tan, getting more tan, and Amanda coming back home this week!
Currently Wondering: If I'm going to pass-out on the jog during my lunch hour today. It's been awhile since I've ran outside!









2 comments:
I will totally facilitate a day in the market that will have the end result of you having fabulous flowers to take home to your apartment!!! Just let me know... we should all have lunch in the market sometime!! Hello... I live there!!!
Nice list! I love it!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.