Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Breakfast Oxymoron

I ate the grossest and most delicious thing for breakfast this morning. Now I can’t decide whether I just feel satisfied or if I should go throw-up. I woke up this morning with a nasty hangover after drinking beer last night. It’s been awhile. I’ve been trying to stay away since beer is a killer for the waistline. However, I bowled a 171 for the Lucky Strikes and kept winning free drinks, so of course I had to keep drinking…

I don’t know if it was because I dreamt about it, or if my sudden craving for chocolate milk was just a spontaneous combustion of my junk-food brain, but I needed it. I needed it now. So, while I was putting on my makeup this morning and counting down the minutes till I could drive to 7-Eleven and buy a creamy, cold bottle of chocolate milk, I started to think about how good a muffin sounded. I think I was trying to momentarily regress to my Fatty McGee days of working at Tully’s when pastries and fattening drinks were my morning, mid-morning, afternoon, mid-afternoon, mid-pre-evening-I’m-disgusting routine. Geez. And I wonder how I suddenly had pillows stuck on the sides of my thighs, ass and stomach last summer.

Before starting my morning commute to Federal Way, I stopped at 7-Eleven and perused the pastry case. It all looked pretty disgusting and the pre-packaged muffins said they were something along the lines of 560 calories and 30 grams of fat. I cannot physically read that and still buy something. It just sounds too gross and unhealthy. So, of course I settled for the muffin in the case that didn’t tell me how bad it was. That way I could pretend that it wouldn’t make me gain five pounds overnight. It was cherry. And had bright pink icing drizzled over it in a crisscross pattern. I figured, coupled with my chocolate milk, that it would taste like a chocolate-cherry explosion in my mouth!

It was a little dry. I decided to take just a couple bites of it and throw the rest away. During bite two, however, I discovered a small little white chunk in it that looked like a marshmallow. OMG…is this a cherry marshmallow muffin?!? (Everyone should know by now how I feel about marshmallows. If not, refer to my marshmallow blog on MySpace) Unfortunately, or fortunately, (I haven’t decided) it was not only a marshmallow muffin, but when I tore a piece off the side, I discovered that the whole damn inside was filled with marshmallowy frosting somewhat similar to what they put inside of a Ding-Dong or Twinkie. It was like discovering at the cash register that the most beautiful new shirt you picked out is actually half-off.

Is this muffin for real? It was unbelievable, yet kinda fell into the “scratch my eyeballs out” category after I picked it apart and all that was left was a gooey, crumby mess on the seat of my car. (Which will probably still be there next week.) Leave it to 7-Eleven to make a cream-filled fatty cherry muffin. I took the plunge, I fell for it. I am officially gross for not only eating it, but enjoying it while I did. I think the next step is buying one of those crusty rotating cream-cheese filled pizza hotdog things washed down with a Big Gulp. Somebody stop me.

Currently Feeling: A little icky and depressed.
Currently Anticipating: Getting through this long and god-awful day so I can lie on my couch and do nothing.
Currently Looking Forward To: ANTM and the taco bar at my house tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you are my food soulmate

Jeanna said...

At least I'm somebody's soulmate! =)

Sarah Alway said...

This reminds me of Kristen Davis in Sex & the City: "Don't laugh at me, but maybe we can be eachother's soulmates. And then we could let men be just these great nice guys to have fun with." LOL

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.