Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hmm, I Think I'll Contemplate My Future

Today I suddenly made a decision in my head to progress forward with the idea of moving to California. It is something that has been present in the back of my mind since I’ve known for a couple months now that my job and my lease will be ending at the end of September. This presents me with an ideal time to make a switch in my life since usually it’s either the job or the lease that is ending, rarely both together in the same month.

I believe I would have the opportunity to stay on at World Vision because of the position I’ve created for myself. New roles and opportunities keep coming my way and each week the position expands more and more. My boss is aware of the fact that the current position I’m in right now is not either my “dream job” or where I plan to be in the future. And as the last couple weeks have progressed, a few things have reminded me about how bad I want to work in the magazine industry and how much I miss writing articles or just journalism in general. I have also been mulling around the idea of going to grad school for Web site design. Recently with the onset of MySpace popularity and my blog site, I’ve taught myself how to read a little bit of HTML and CSS code, which is what creates a Web page. I’ve found this endlessly entertaining and fascinating and would love to see myself in this industry somewhere in the future. Plus, magazines and newspapers nowadays are all housed online in addition to print, and there are even some exclusive online publications. Recently I’ve read a lot of job descriptions for writing jobs and most of them require the applicant to have Web site design knowledge. If I add this to my resume, I will be one step closer to someday obtaining my dream job…

As far as California goes, I’ve always wanted to live somewhere else for a short time. It is just something I have to do to ensure I live life to my fullest and don't regret anything in my future. First and foremost, Seattle is my home. I love the city like Carrie loves New York. My friends and family are here, and I truly believe it is one of the best places to live. I will find myself here settled later in life. As for now, I seek warmth. I seek adventure. I don’t have a boyfriend or anything holding me down. And in September, I will have the possibility of a new job and a new destination. The idea of moving somewhere by myself is freaking frightening, but we’ll see where life takes me in the next year. If I find another job somewhere in Seattle, well my adventure will have to wait another year or so. Nothing is set in stone. But, as of now I’m going to focus on trying to set the goal for an October move. Now we’ll see if I can manage to save a little bit of money. *Fingers crossed.*

Currently Feeling: Excited about where my position could be heading at World Vision and also for a potentially huge change in my life.
Currently Anticipating: Watching Memoirs of a Geisha tonight with a bunch of girlfriends.
Currently Wondering: When I’ll run into the Brit and if it will be weird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.