Just like Carrie with my Mr. Big, I attended a jazz show last night. I know it’s Hollywood, but Carrie’s jazz night was a bit more colorful. I tried to be entertained. I tried to be cultured. But, alas, I’m just not that into jazz. I’ve never been to Jazz Alley, and it was everything I’d thought it would be…dim lights, black and red decorations, tables filled with couples leaning their heads on each other’s shoulders and swaying to the music. *Sigh* How romantic. Except I didn’t have anybody to be romantic with. Puke. I’m convinced that the only reason people enjoy sitting and listening to two hours of jazz music is because they’re in love. I swear I sat and listened to one continuous long song for two hours. I couldn’t tell the difference between one or the other. Obviously, people hear something I don’t in jazz music because every once in awhile, in the middle of the song, people would start applauding like the musician just did something great…I was caught off guard every single time. And while Carrie could sit and make eyes with Ray the bass player, all I could do is sit and stare at the old men up on stage. Oh how I wished and fantasized that a man would play me like his life-size bass, but such is not the case. I just don’t think I’m cut out for the jazz scene. In other news, my 14-year-old alarm clock finally decided to kick the bucket. I’ve had the thing since I’ve been 7 years old, and it is very near and dear to my heart. I’m sure you’ve all seen them around at your friend’s houses—the P’Jammer. It’s the greatest! I remember in college seeing them in everyone’s dorm rooms…Sarah has one too. You can wake up to music or an alarm, and it even has little bed bugs (small headphones in a compartment on the side), which I used to use to sneak and listen to music in bed when I was little. How ultimate is that! Alas, it’s just blinking at midnight now, and turns off and on when I try to change the time. I’m so sad and heartbroken that I really don’t know what to do about it…I guess I’ll have to settle on one of those “new fangled” ones that play frog noises. (Is anyone getting the references here?)
Currently Feeling: Nervous, frustrated, queasy, confused.
Currently Anticipating: Getting my shit straightened out so I can sleep!









3 comments:
nice last slip in of a sex and the city, but will you not hate it like carrie did?
OMG why didn't you tell me about this?!? We have to have a funeral! Now I'm going to live in constant fear that the life of my own P'Jammer may soon come to an end.
OMG Sarah. I think I resurrected my P'Jammer. I performed a biopsy and a trichinosis and hysterectomy and all of a sudden it's working again! Man, am I good! =)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.