In a LTR relationship at 27, most people have already moved in together or are talking about it in the very near future as their "next step." Not me and Baby Daddy though; no sirree. We're on a slow path (or something). There are a few personal reasons why moving in together isn't in our very near future, but I'll tell you my favorite part of holding out on living with a boyfriend (besides that I get to sneak away from him whenever I want and do super single behavior in the comfort of my own home like watching trashy reality TV and perusing the Internet while reading US Weekly on commercial breaks and painting my toenails. What can I say; I'm an excellent multi-tasker). One of the very tip top reasons is that I still get to decorate in PINK. Hot pink to be exact.
See, when you move in with someone, you have to give up girly decorating and be all adult or something. Think about all the couples you know who live together - I bet their bedroom or living room is light blue and brown. What is it about that combo that is so conventional couples bedroom? I mean it's a lovely pairing; I'm not knocking it - I just don't want to give up decorating in PINK and butterflies just yet. My room is so girly it's almost comical to see my boyfriend sleeping on my pink sheets.
How much do you love that wall cling that I posted about buying a month ago?To me, there's nothing more pretty and lovely, and the best to wake up to, than hot pink and butterflies... perhaps with a hint of orange, yellow and turquoise. What can I say, I love to live a life on COLOR like my girl Lily.
Yes, this is the Ikea mirror that everyone and their mother has - the butterflies are a hanging glitter butterfly garland, that I found at one of my favorite stores in Seattle, Fireworks Gallery
Atop my desk sits a crepe flower I bought at a Fremont Sunday Market,and the framed print I bought, handmade from Etsy of course!
Some of these handmade, handpicked items are so special to me - what am I supposed to do? Just toss them aside, gift them, give them away at a garage sale? It will be a sad day when I have to let go of my hot pink crepe flower (that is literally nearly three feet tall) or my strand of glitter butterfly garland. I mean, no girly room is complete without it. And even worse than getting rid of these will be hiding all my fashionista crap that I've accumulated through the years. When you live with a boy, is it appropriate to...
Display your 100+ hanging earrings & necklaces on the wall as ifthey were art? (Psst. I bought this handmade jewelry holder at an art fair for $25).
Or your scarves, hats and 20+ purses of the moment (20+ more in a plastic storagebin under the bed)? (Psst. That little hot pink phrase wall cling came as an
EXTRA bonus with my "Keep Calm and Carry On." Don't cha love it?!)
Or have a ridiculously large storage bin of make-up (lip gloss drawer shown here) on a table for ease of use?
No. It's not. And I tell yah what, I love my boyfriend, but currently I love my hot pink and butterfly Princess girly fashionista bedroom just a little bit more. Me, brown and light blue might be friends someday, but for now I'm going to enjoy every dang minute of waking up in my hot pink sheets, sometimes alone if I want to be.
What are you going to be reluctant to give up when you move
in with a boy? And if you already live with your boyfriend or
husband, what do you miss the most about not cohabiting?
in with a boy? And if you already live with your boyfriend or
husband, what do you miss the most about not cohabiting?
Currently Feeling: In love with Rilo Kiley, Pandora, my time, the sun again in Seattle and life in general.
Currently Anticipating: Getting through this busy week - I feel like I'm even more busy unemployed than I was when I worked every day!
Currently Loving: Lucerne rootbeer float ice cream bars - only 100 calories!









6 comments:
My bf and I are moving in together next year. I can't wait. The only thing I'm sad to give up is colored cats. He's allergic to all cats except all black ones, so no more colored kitties for me :(
I'm moving in his place in a couple weeks. OMG, I have no idea where I will put all my shoes, coats, bras, make-up... etc. Ahem, or my car (he lives downtown, so now I have to pay for a garage space).
When I first mentioned the words "Closet Organizer," he looked at me like I spoke Chinese. After a trip to Target, he's in better shape. :)
At the very least, I have a HUGE storage facility (namely, my condo that won't sell) until we find a new place next Spring.
(*whisper* I'm so excited!!!)
It looks great! I think pink is such a fun color. I adore the 'blogs & tea' print. I may have to get one for my office.
I can assure you - there is still jewelry, gold and touches of pink all over the room.
I claim the master as MINE. Plus, I haven't bought new furniture but you better believe I'm going to keep my earring stand on the furniture.
I imagine it's SUPER exciting to move in with your BF when you eventually decide to take that step - congrats @liferehab and Mel!!
@Megan
I LOVE the print. And it's so inexpensive!
@Allison M.
I'm glad to hear there's still some female power in a duel sexed household. ;)
You threw Amanda into a tizzy with this post and I think she took photos of everything in our "blue and brown" room that is feminine (including the chandelier) to document the femininity. Expect mail.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.