I have always been a lover of the sun. Always. Sometimes I wonder why the hec I can't be like all the other Seattlelites who rave about the grey and clouds - some people here live for that weather. Me, I live for the three, sometimes four, months a year we get sunshine. But my trip to Orcas made me realize that as much as I love the sun, I love watching it set just as much.
When I was little, my mom used to tell me that a sunset happened when the Angels were baking cookies. While it's not my MO to be all religious, I still like to think of Angels baking cookies each night the sun sinks down behind the clouds and glowing oranges spread out over the sky. For some reason, it still comforts me just as it did when I was a little girl.
Shadows just look so much better in the glow of a sunset - holding hands is that much more romantic - night is less depressing and scary - and the thought that you get to wake up again tomorrow and watch the sunset all over again just makes it great to be alive.Where's the best sunset you've ever seen?
Currently Feeling: Sleepy after a night out on the town with my twin besties from high school (one lives in San Diego and is in town for the week)!
Currently Anticipating: The Flaming Lips concert tomorrow and one of my bestie's wedding barbecue wedding reception on Saturday. (The one who got married in Mexico in April).
Currently Loving: That I've had a former college acquaintance AND a former coworker move into my building! How fun! I've never had girls I've known in my building before... lots of girly wine nights on patios and realty TV parties in my future.










5 comments:
So beautiful!
I can see the sunset through my kitchen window. I like to watch it fall behind the mountains. It's lovely.
Photos look great!
Glowing Shadows is my next band name.
Wow, so gorgeous!
your pictures are amazing!
Thanks everyone! I took about 100 photos of the sunset, so these were only three I chose. I tried to edit myself. But I kinda wanted to post all 100! Haha.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.