Saturday, August 29, 2009


Forgive me father, for it's been awhile since I've posted a Bacon! Bacon! Bacon! (Saturdays for breakfast...) post. Don't worry. I've still be eating bacon weekly; I just haven't been sharing it. Oh the blasphemy!

This week, the BF and I had the pleasure of attending Yelp's Taste of Georgetown party, which was a party thrown to highlight restaurants and breweries located in the oldest part of Seattle - Georgetown. (Apparently there's quite a few associated ghost stories here... Woooo. Spoooky). The party was located in the old Rainier Brewery, and was waaayyy beyond any expectations I had... free beer, free cocktails, tables with free goodies such as handmade grapefruit soap, gourmet caramel corn (raspberry champagne & Kahlua white chocolate), pulled pork sandwiches (my last dying wish), garlic bread, sandwiches, polenta & balsamic reduction with apples, a cupcake tower (blueberry pie, pineapple upside down cake, red velvet and more)! Besides the fact that free booze is A-m-A-zing, the food rocked too. To top it off, there was a performance from fire dancers. We had a glorious time. Free is always the best party in THE.RECESSION. But you know what the absolute best part of the shindig was? You know it's coming...

BACON made a special performance.

But this wasn't just any Bacon Man - this was the Bacon (Salt) Man! If you're not a bacon fiend like me, you might not know that there's Bacon Salt and Baconnaise. Both products are made from a local Seattle company, and did I mention Bakon Vodka is too! Us Seattlelites, we love our bacon. Anywhoosit, not only was the Bacon (Salt) Man giving away packets of Bacon Salt, which I took like 429, but he also had limited tubes of BACON CHAPSTICK.

That's right folks. Bacon chapstick to slather on your lips in all it's bacon fatty glory. And guess what? I GOT THE LAST TUBE!! I'm coveting this thing like it's the last drop of water in the dessert. Now the BF and I can just slather our lips with bacon grease, eat bacon and then make out, swapping bacon gloriousness. (Did that gross you out?)

Happy Bacon Saturday friends! Hope you get to slather your insides with bacon grease sometime this week! Stay tuned next week (or yah know, two months from now since I'm super consistent with my series posts), I have a super duper awesome bacon recipe that a friend sent me. It might be the most fabulous thing I've ever laid my eyes on!

Currently Feeling: Major procrastination. It's Saturday! I don't want to go run. When will all this hating stop?
Currently Anticipating: A mini appetizer and wine party at my place tonight before heading to Bestie's birthday dinner!
Currently Loving: Flatout bread. They're only 90 calories, and you can make pizzas, paninis, wraps - amazing!

3 comments:

Jill Pilgrim said...

Bacon salt? I think you just changed my life.

Allison M. said...

OMG! Bacon chapstick!

I love the Taste of Cleveland events. Such a great time and I always try to attend them.

If I ever come to Seattle, I'm calling you for places to see.

Jeanna said...

I know! Bacon salt AND bacon mayonnaise. Can you believe the geniousness in all of it?

@Allison M.
You know it! You should def come to Seattle... it's fabulous. ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.