Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Little Spice to Life

I’ve really been into Ethnic foods lately—especially curry, masala and any other sort of spicy and flavorful Indian-type food. Last night I piecemealed a pretty decent dinner together from the random ingredients in my cupboard, and I was pleased as punch. It’s not everyday you can find a recipe on the side of a box (literally on the side of the couscous box), add a little and substitute for what you don’t have—and end up with a decent meal. I think this is proof that my culinary capabilities are evolving past having to read and follow a recipe verbatim. (Yippee!) So, thought I’d post it here for those interested in experimenting a bit in the spicy, Indian-food category (You can click on the card to make it bigger, and print):


(The recipe called for walnuts—I substituted cashews—and 1 ½ cups of tomato sauce, but I used the rest of the TJ’s Marsala I had and tomato sauce. I added ginger, garlic and chicken, but I left out the raisins and chutney, which I didn’t have. I'd like to try it with raisins next time since I'm a sweet and savory type o' girl. Mine turned out four stars, so next time I won’t add quite as much extra Cayenne pepper.)

Next up…Baby Daddy and I are signing up for a handmade sushi roll class, which I’m REALLY excited for!

Currently Feeling:
Loving that my 401K savings plan is rapidly growing.
Currently Anticipating: Conor Oberst at Easy Street Records for free tonight! Anyone want to go with me?
Currently Reading: "Water for Elephants" by Sarah Gruen.

2 comments:

ReadyToShelve said...

I don't know how else to contact you, but "lean like a cholo!" - remove the slash from the end of your link. It doesn't lead to a definition.

Jeanna said...

Hey, thanks for the heads up Steve. It's been fixed.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.