Monday, July 2, 2007

Recipe for deliriously fun weekend disasters

Oh good lord. Where do I even begin with this past weekend? I didn’t stop partying all weekend…partially because I had righteous plans, partially because the weather was finally warm, partially because it was Amanda’s last weekend in town, partially because my friends are crazy cool, and partially because he “just isn’t that into me.” Seems like a recipe for disaster:

1 crazy-as-always Friday night at Kell’s with Kristen, Bri, Adam and Amanda.

We arrived after girly gossip and drinks at my house to a packed bar. I ran into Josh, John, Sue, Adam and …TROY. Hello, Bad boy lover boy! Wink. Wink. Kristen puked in the bathroom, clogging one of the three toilets in the women’s restroom. We stopped off for street dogs in Belltown, and ran out of money three-fourths of the cab ride home, resulting in the first drunken stumble home of the weekend and a college sleepover at my house.





1 all-day drinking festivity at the Seattle International Beerfest.

We capitalized on our money by arriving at the SIB in time for happy hour—five more tickets in our hands—and researched our beers in the catalog for more bang for our buck.

Fifteen beer tickets=15 4oz. beers at 10 % alcohol volume=60 ounces of 10 percent beer=120 ounces of regular beer=can you keep up?! Cause I couldn’t.

The SIB was FANTASTIC. The weather was great, the band played Johnny Cash and other honky tonk hits. Between the band they played Sublime, which is the best drinking-in-the-sun music ever. We sat on the grass, suntanning and sipping brewskies, and then proceeded to walk to Stewart’s house for a barbecue on his rooftop patio. Because of my beer-induced stupor, I felt the dire need to buy Safeway Chinese chow mien, sweet and sour chicken, and a chocolate-chip cookie, and then devour nearly two burgers at Stewart’s. Lord knows how, but I managed to make it out to Ozzie’s where we met up with Dave, Larisa, and some of the Bothell cats who decided to venture into the city for the evening. I took a shot called Cum on Your Face, met a man who I apparently told I had a horse cock because he asked me what sign I was. Thinking Capricorn was half man half horse, this is apparently where I derived this. However, Capricorns are sea goats, so there goes that rationality. Still, I saw the guy five or six times throughout the night and each time he yelled, “Hey Horse Cock!” including when I was on the dance floor talking to a hot boy. And by “on the dance floor” I mean, “swaying on the dance floor.” Cause apparently Sarah was kind enough to remember that I said, “Look. I’m swaying. I can’t even stand up straight,” while trying to talk to her. Finally, Amanda and I tried to make a last-minute stop off at Peso’s, but they wouldn’t let her in because she “visibly stumbled.” At this point, it was probably good we went home cause I’d been drinking since 1 p.m. and think I’ve never concentrated so hard on walking a straight line in my life.










1 post party weekend supposed relaxing time by the pool—drinking Bud Lights and resulting in buzz

Sunday we enjoyed a post all-day drinking hangover breakfast at Buckley’s, which has amazing food! Amanda and I then ventured over to Brett and Angie’s new apartment in Belltown—Elliott Bay Plaza. We donned our swimsuits, put a bottle of champagne in a bucket and Bud Lights in plastic bag, and hung out on their patio next to the swimming pool for three hours. (This is totally my Fourth of July destination because their apartment also has a rooftop overlooking the Elliott Bay fireworks show). I mistakenly said, “I don’t even know if I can get drunk off these things (Bud Light) cause I haven’t drank them since college.” Oh well, I proved that theory wrong. Around 8 p.m. we walked up the hill for dinner at Mama’s Mexican Kitchen on Second Avenue. I DOWNED an enchilada and carne asada plate (SO GOOD)! And went home and attempted to watch Weeds before passing out by 9:30 in my bed.

Exhausting weekend, to say the least. But no worries. Only two days of work until I have Wednesday and Thursday off for the Fourth of July! If you remember my day last year, you know I’ll have some worthwhile stories coming your way…

Currently Feeling: Like I’m always the only one.
Currently Anticipating: Doing laundry and watching a movie tonight, aka NOTHING.
Currently Hating: That my Dolphin Sisters won’t be around this Fourth of July.

4 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

There has to be some scientific explanation as to why daytime drinking is so much more fun than regular drinking. Does the sun make us a little more loopy? I couldn't say for sure... but I can definitely tell you that I absolutely LIVE for reasons to drink during the day, in the sun. Bring on the 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Can we all just take a moment to reflect on how ridicuously good looking I am from Friday night? That last picture is PRETTY amazing. And for the record, yes I puked but it was the first time in months and most importantly, I came back from death and rallied the rest of the night!

Thanks for lending me the futon for the night... and leftover chicken enchiladas!

Anonymous said...

These are some of the greatest pictures ever in one of your blogs! Mamma's is great Mexican food. Daytime drinking is wonderful and I hope you have a rad 4th!
Peace

Jeanna said...

Sarah: I feel the same way sista! Tomorrow is going to rock balls. Uh. rock vagina?1 I don't know..whichever is better.

Kristen: You did rally like a rock star. I just thought it was funny you blocked one of the only toilets cause that restroom always blows. You can crash at my place anytime you need! I love sleepovers. Especially when Adam sleeps in the middle of me and Amanda and tries to cuddle!

Jenny: I could eat Mexican food everyday of my life for every meal. Hope you and Shan have a great Fourth too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.