Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Your Guide for Sunday Fun Days

Last week, I researched all-day Sunday Happy Hours for a friend who was taking a major test to become a dental hygienist. She wanted to celebrate after her test with a Sunday Fun Day, so I started to look up places in the city that offered a cheap, all-day drinking option. I thought I’d share the information with my fellow lushes:

Man Ray: The gay “video” bar on Capitol Hill has $1.50 beers and a free buffet for it’s Sunday patrons.

Lava Lounge: One of my favorite bars in Seattle, it’s located on 2nd Avenue, next to The Viceroy. The bar is so kitschy and eclectic, Amanda and I used to play I Spy while sitting at the bar. You could stare at shit for hours and still never see the same thing twice. Other games available—shuffleboard and Miss Pacman. (Patio.)

Contour: Yeah, so it’s a dance club. But, the Pioneer Square bar (next to Fado’s) has a super, super cheap Happy Hour from 2 to 8 p.m. on Sundays. They offer a $1.95 food menu, $2 Dos Equis and Tecate, and $3.50 well drinks. The menu is cheap, and extensive—chicken wings, hot wings, a cheeseburger, hummus and chicken skewers are just a few of the selections.



The Luau: Another close and personal favorite of mine. What is it with me and Tiki bars? Located in Tangletown, the bar’s Happy Hour is from 12 to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Click here for a menu. (Patio.)

Solo: A new bar on lower Queen Anne, I’ve yet to venture through its front doors. I’ve heard good things, but it hasn’t seemed to pick-up popularity, which is a plus for some of you. Happy Hour includes $2 beers and $2.50 well drinks.



Amber: Probably my least favorite on the list. The only time I’ve been there was for the opening night, and it was super pretentious, and the bar layout wasn’t patron friendly. I haven’t been back since, but the all-day Happy Hour might convince me once the weather gets nice. The $5 food menu looks fantastic. Click here to view. (Patio.)


Currently Feeling: Unproductive as all hell.
Currently Anticipating: My little sister spending the night tonight.
Currently Wanting: Nike iPod running shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.