Outside of a pretty uneventful weekend, I had the opportunity to attend the grand opening of Club Lagoon on Saturday night with my good friend Jill. I received a phone call from her on my way home from picking up Stella on Saturday. Apparently, a guy we knew in high school, John Howard, just bought the bar on top of Capital Hill with a couple of his family members. Jill wanted me to tag along with her and her fiancĂ©. The invite was perfect timing since we hadn’t seen each other in a couple weeks, and I didn’t have anything eventful planned for the evening.We started our night by polishing off a bottle of red wine and soon hopped a cab to the top of Cap Hill where we met her fiancĂ© and his friends out. Already drinking since noon, the group of males was quite sloshed, and Jill and I planned to play catch-up. We were led up the stairs—above the Castle Super Store—by John, which ended up allowing for a free entrance from the $15 cover charge. The club had a cool atmosphere—not too big, a dance floor, palm trees and 80s decorations, tall, round tables and stools to sit on, a couch against one wall for the wallflowers—the only downfall was the extremely eclectic, bizarre, and different-aged crowd. Perhaps it was because Club Lagoon is a straight bar smack dab in the middle of the gayest place in Seattle, Broadway Ave., or that it’s location is too far away from where all the good looking 20-somethings like to hang out, but the crowd was a little weird. Not gonna lie. At one point, I felt like I was hanging out with The Wedding Singer’s mutants from table nine.
However, I did enjoy my time accepting free Buttery Nipple shots, vodka-diets, and glasses of red wine from Josh and his friends. Needless to say, it wasn’t long before the 80s cover band and the dance floor were calling my name, in between smoke breaks downstairs. While I wasn’t too fond of hanging out in front of the Castle Super Store (a famous porn shop in Seattle) and dodging the Broadway bums in order to inhale a few drags of nicotine, it still provided for some interesting entertainment. And really, no matter where you are, or what you’re doing; it’s always fun to catch up with a best friend…
Currently Feeling: A little nervous that Stella is screeching at the door of my apartment and everyone is going to hear her, therefore blowing my cover.
Currently Anticipating: Dinner tonight with the high school girlfriends at Shannon’s, and Fremont Oktoberfest this weekend!
Currently Working On: My Halloween costume…Larisa, Vanessa, Sarah and I are considering a group costume. It should be hot!
Currently Pondering: Booty call etiquette.











3 comments:
In the Starnger in Drunk of the Week there was a squabble between some girls, did you see the almost fight?
If Stalla meows, get a pop can with pennies in it and shake it or throw it in her direction, she should be too scared to make noise. A spray bottle with water works too.
Those pics are uber cute. I'm jealous I went out of town and missed out. =(
I missed the near death fight at Club Lagoon.
Don't worry Sarah, by not coming, you passed up the chance to meet your own little mutant. And well, it's not November 1st yet, so that wouldn't fly.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.