But then I came across the most wonderfully glorious idea ever on one of my favorite local blogs - Seattle Date Night. The author, Mandy, wrote in the post, "A wise couple once gave me a great idea that I had to share..." I immediately fell in love with the idea and had to share it with you too.
Last night, The BF and I made a Date Night Jar. We sat down with little scraps of paper and wrote down things we'd always wanted to do, things we had already done together that we enjoyed, fun things to do around Seattle that we just hadn't gotten to yet and a few ideas from the article, 50 Great Date Night Ideas.
It was a super fun, bonding moment and was practically a "date" in of itself since we made dinner, opened champagne and sat down to write out all our dates. (We came up with a lot!) And the best part about it is that we both get to put things in the jar that we really love to do, but the other might not so much. For instance, the BF put Go to a rock climbing gym because he loves to rock climb. Even though it scares the bejesus out of me, I've never done it, so I thought it was a great idea.We have so many fun ideas in there, it makes me anticipate date night that much more because I can't wait to see what we pull next out of our little jar of love.
(And now I'll let you leave to go puke up your lunch).
Currently Feeling: A bit anxious to see how this 5K goes on Sunday since I've been pretty dang busy this last week and have slacked on my training.Currently Anticipating: Photography class tomorrow, a lunch at Purple on Thursday and Fremont Oktoberfest on Friday!
Currently Reading: I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley.









13 comments:
THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER. I get upset with my man for not coming up with date nights either. He just doesnt think of it- we need ot do this AND YAY! PLEASE PLEASE COME TO ONE OR ALL LOL OF OUR SHOWS!!!!! I would love ot meet you!
I LOVE this! So great.
If you do end up going rock climbing, head over to Stone Gardens in Ballard and try the easy bouldering courses. They are fun, challenging, a great workout, and you're not up super high so it's not nearly as scary :-)
Enjoy Purple! It's one of my faves. I'll be at Oktoberfest, too! Woohoo!
Aww that is so sweet! And I totally hate you now! JK :)
I did just barf a little in my mouth, however, once I land me a man... I'm SOOO doing this! ;)
On a lighter note, I'm excited for our pre-5k run training, Fremont Oktoberfest Friday, and 5k run on Sunday! Looks like I got a lot of Je-ANNA in my near future!
I'm in the middle of that exact same freak out (us girls are crazy, right?) I'll definitely have to mention this idea to my boy.
This is such a great idea! I may have to try it out myself. :)
@Chelsea
YAY!! I'm def planning to go to the one at Tost. Love that place. Love Fremont. Close to home. I can't make the one on Mon 21 cause I have tix to Pearl Jam... but I'll def be at one!
@Stevie
Yay to local Seattle bloggers! Thanks for the Stone Garden rec. That's close to home, so we'll have to do that one. Fremont Oktoberfest is the BEST; I can't wait for this weekend!
@Wendy
I know... a little cheesy. I hesitated to post it. ;)
@Kristen
I knew you'd like that one. ;) We ROCKED our run today!
@liferehab
Us girls can be totally crazy some times. Like everything is peachy and then all of a sudden one day BAM - I'm super bugged about something that hasn't bugged me for two years. I blame it on hormones.
@Megan
I hope you do it! If you do, share some of the great date ideas you guys come up with!
The fiance and I are so doing this! He has the ideas and I don't really have many but this would be so fun.
I'm stealing your idea. This is awesome and I always say "we should do this" or go to X restaurant. Such a great way to remember things.
I love you, Jeanna. I love that in every area of your life, you succeed. Work, relationships, friendships, personal self worth - you're an amazing, amazing woman and I feel very lucky to know you.
@Angel
Yay! Let me know if you guys come up with any good ones that we can use too!
@Allison M.
Steal away! I think it's perfect for every couple. I love how you can always add to the jar too when something like "We should do this..." comes up too.
@Independently Dependent
Your comment just made my freakin' day. Talk about the compliment of the century! Thank you so much.
ahhh! i looooooove that you did it, YAY! xoxoxox
I just came across a list that a friend and I wrote when we were about 15 of perfect dates to go on. Apparently we thought that, by the time we were young single women in the dating game, that the world would be available to us. So our list was peppered with things like:
-"Go on a motorcycle ride in a light rain" (wait let me just go and grab my motorcycle and order a light drizzle)
-"paint a room together" (because this is PERFECT date material- and I always have a spare room to paint)
-"go skydiving" (because that really is something you just up and do without any training whatsoever)
Little did we know that the harsh reality is "Wanna just stay in and watch a movie?"
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.